Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) Field Inspector Energy Efficiency Programs
Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) Field Inspector
Energy Efficiency Programs
Work from home, in or near Tulsa, OK
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) Field Inspector to join our Commercial & Industrial energy efficiency team located in Tulsa, OK. The selected candidate will coordinate all quality assurance activities which include but may not be limited to reviewing project plans and specifications and conducting field inspections at commercial & Industrial facilities. In addition, the candidate will schedule and conduct inspections with participating customers and/or contractors and assist with the development and implementation of QA/QC programs, plans and procedures. They will also conduct QA investigations of non-conforming program contractors and coordinate corrective actions and maintain QA records using physical hard copy and/or electronic files.
This position requires experience with utility energy efficiency programs and knowledge of energy efficient technologies associated with commercial & Industrial building systems. Knowledge of energy efficient technologies and practices related to commercial lighting, lighting controls, motors, HVAC systems, commercial & Industrial building energy technologies or experience in the building trades is a plus. Prior experience or a strong interest in one or more of the following is a plus:
- Experience performing energy audits and energy savings calculations
- Lighting retrofit designs and assessment and installation
- Energy engineering knowledge and experience with design, installation, and commissioning of energy efficiency projects
- Interacting with business owners, representatives and other key stakeholders
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of utility sponsored energy efficiency projects are successfully executed
- Solid understanding of the technical requirements of the programs and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audience
- Keep and maintain detailed records and provide accurate information for program reports
- Conduct lighting, HVAC and other energy inspections using equipment surveys to verify installation and operation of energy efficient equipment
- Provide guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to companies participating in utility-sponsored programs
- Proactively researches equipment from manufacturer’s websites to support decision on whether equipment meets program’s technical requirements and makes informed recommendation on rebate
- Interface with customers and contractors participating in utility sponsored programs
- Coordinate with or follow up on program quality control activities such as inspections and customer surveys as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree (Energy or Building Science) and 5 years of utility, energy efficiency or Electrical Journeyman’s license and 5+ years of trade experience. Work as a general contractor on commercial and industrial builds a plus
- Project Management and Commercial Energy Audits experience
- Mechanical/HVAC, controls and automation experience to include: . Chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, VFDs, etc.
- The ability to dissect projects and provide insight and feedback on each piece of the project, i.e. lighting, building controls, motors, VFDs, fans, chillers, cooling towers, etc. to arrive at a recommendation for additional energy savings
- The ability to point out installation requirements that can affect the rebate
- Understanding of the concept of free ridership and how it can impact program performance
- Inspections can include extended periods of walking, bending, stooping climbing etc.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Safety first minded professional
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Oklahoma Remote Office (OK99)