Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Quality Assurance Engineer - Data Quality – Remote
ICF seeks a Quality Assurance Engineer - Data Quality experienced in testing data for web-based applications. This position will have a heavy focus on manual data validation testing. Ability to understand complex systems and data both from the user perspective and technology perspective and independently investigate problems.
The ideal candidate has solid experience with manual data quality testing on web-based applications. Some experience with converting, automating, and integrating automated data quality tests into CI/CD processes is preferred. This position is open to a mid-level to senior-level professional depending on data quality testing skills and experience. who will work with a cross-functional team that is responsible for re-platforming quality measure calculations and reporting from the current system to an AWS-hosted web application system.
- Define and maintain test plans and test specifications for unit, integration, functional, and regression testing
- Ensure the overall quality of all aspects complex software system, including data, APIs, and web applications/dashboards (QuickSight)
- Identify gaps in test approach, strategize on a plan to fill the gaps, and then execute that plan
- Create and execute manual test cases in TestRail
- Create and maintain automated tests where applicable
- Create and manage defects through the product life cycle
- Translate high-level business requirements into test scenarios
- Production deployment smoke-testing and support
- Work closely with engineering teams to discuss risk and risk mitigation
- Shaping the overall QA process through application of best practices and new approaches to testing workflow
- Create and execute SQL Queries to ensure data validation pipelines work as expected, ideally has experience with Data Build Tool (DBT)
- Associates Degree with 7+ years of software testing experience or BS with 5+ years of experience in a software testing role or an MS in Computer Science and 3+ years of experience in a software testing role
- Hands-on experience with different types of testing (System, Regression, Smoke, Performance, Load, etc.)
- Hands-on experience testing and debugging web-based software including use of in-browser development tools
- Solid understanding of Software Configuration Management concepts and methodologies
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and strong SQL skills (Oracle/Postgres)
- Ability to construct complex SQL queries.
- Hands on experience with data mapping testing, data migration from a legacy system, and data validation testing.
- Experience working with DAGs (Airflow).
- Proficient in at least one source control tool (Git/CVS/SVN)
- Proficient in at least one issue tracking tool (JIRA/Confluence)
- Proficient in at least one test management tool (TestRail, Quality Center)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Experience leading QA for Dashboards in Quicksight or similar business intelligence tools (i.e., Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) verifying layout, functionality of visuals, permissions, and overall match to acceptance criteria and general standards
- Must live in the United States and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience in microservice -based architecture and messaging protocols
- Demonstrated experience working on Agile development projects
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Strong critical thinking, problem- solving and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)