Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
QA/QC Specialist, Energy Efficiency Programs
QA/QC Trade Alley & Technical SpecialistEnergy Efficiency Programs
We are currently seeking a QA/QC Trade Alley & Technical Specialist to join our Northeast Energy Efficiency team to provide critical program support and technical field services for Massachusetts based energy efficiency programs.
- Perform site inspections and energy modeling on various residential new construction and renovation projects ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of utility sponsored energy efficiency projects are successfully executed.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to builders, developers, architects, engineers, contractors and other trade allies participating in utility-sponsored new construction programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Assess residential grade whole building efficiency strategies, building plans and specifications, and make recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades or improvements.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating homeowners, contractors and consultants in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
- Conduct strategic field-based site visits with trade alley HERS Raters to provide Quality Assurance / Quality Control and forecasting updates on program participating residential new construction and renovation projects ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of utility sponsored energy efficiency projects are successfully executed.
- Conduct desktop Quality Assurance / Quality Control to review and verify energy model accuracy and adherence to program standards, utilizing data collected during site visits and/or project building plans.
- Conduct trade ally outreach and recruitment across Massachusetts by presenting trainings and distributing program marketing material to raise program awareness across multiple stratetic trade ally locations and retail stores including homebuilder associations, building departments, permit offices, lumberyards and more.
- Attend events to build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the home improvement industry including architects, engineers, contractors, energy raters, consultants, home inspectors, public officials, public interest groups, and customers.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or related trade experience.
- 1+ years of related experience with energy efficiency and/or building science
- Public speaking experience
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
1-2 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- HERS, BPI, LEED or CEM credentials
- Ability to read and interpret building plans or related construction documents
- Experience with energy modeling platforms
- Working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in energy modeling, energy efficiency technologies and products, and residential energy issues in both existing buildings and new construction
- Building and maintaining relationships with key market actors in the residential construction industry including architects, engineers, contractors, real estate agents, home energy rating specialists, developers, and public officials
- Energy efficiency program market in Massachusetts
- Residential and Commercial & Industrial Multifamily construction industry in Massachusetts or experience working with a utility, public agency or non-governmental organization
- Knowledge of applicable MA construction building codes and practices
- Knowledge of integrated or whole building science principles
- Knowledge of residential energy-efficient building applications, renewable technologies, or high-performance construction practices and technologies
- Business-to-business sales or recruitment experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Massachusetts Remote Office (MA99)