Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
QA/QC Manager – Residential Energy Efficiency Programs
Utility Programs and Services Division Location: Newark, New Jersey
Ready to make a difference?
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, and committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, ICF is the place for you because we make BIG things happen ICF’s Utility Programs and Services (UPS) Division is growing and currently seeking an experienced manager to oversee the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) function of a portfolio of residential energy efficiency programs. In this role you will support ICF in the implementation of a QA/QC program to ensure that installations meet program requirements and that subcontractors follow proper QA/QC protocol. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and experienced enough to interface with multiple levels of ICF, utility client management, and subcontractors.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Work as part of a team providing expert program implementation services for a portfolio of utility energy efficiency programs
- Oversee the QA/QC activities conducted by ICF and subcontractor personnel
- Prepare process guides, reports, and presentations for client meetings and other deliverables
- Meet regularly with the client’s QA/QC team to report on the status and results of QA/QC activities
- Provide quality control review and oversight of project deliverables
- Assist with continuous process improvement for the program to facilitate improved QA/QC procedures and more consistent and efficient reporting
- Facilitate staff/subcontractor/contractor trainings, workshops, and meetings, as appropriate
- Perform occasional in-field QA/QC visits/observations to evaluate subcontractor/contractor performance
- Assist with general subcontractor management
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Energy Resources, Engineering, Environmental Studies or related area with 5+ years of experience in residential energy efficiency, building science and/or HVAC principles OR 9+ years of experience in residential energy efficiency, building science and/or HVAC principles
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 1+ years of experience with quality assurance/quality control practices
What we would like you to have:
- Building Performance Institute certification or other industry certifications highly desired
- Experience working in a consulting firm, utility, or contractor company
Professional skills you will use:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$62,802.00 - $106,763.00
New Jersey Remote Office (NJ99)