Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
QA/QC Field Technician
Quality Assurance Field Technician
Virginia locations to include: Richmond, Fredericksburg, Fairfax
Job Description: To facilitate program enhancement and growth, we are seeking Quality Assurance Field technician to conduct semi-comprehensive and precise residential new construction quality assessments in accordance with utility program standards; educate builders about how to make their homes less expensive to heat and cool, safer, and more comfortable; and assist in the review of applications validating the energy savings through program-selected new home contractors and HERS Raters. Will be field based and include travel within northern and central Virginia.
- Conduct QA/QC assessments in residential new construction homes, entering attics, basements and crawl spaces
- Perform air leakage and duct testing, and visual inspection of equipment within the home
- Complete detailed and accurate data collection and measurements and enter the data in the utility modeling software
- Interact with builders and HERS Raters, answering questions regarding energy efficiency and recommend next steps
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features and services
- Contribute to the deployment of program marketing and outreach campaigns
- Coordinate with or schedule QA/QC activities such as field inspections
- Prepare summary reports identifying opportunities found during visit
- High School Diploma + 4 years related work experience, or Bachelor’s degree + 1 year related work experience
- Able to lift boxes no heavier than 30 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders, driving, walking, standing, above head arm movements
- Must have a clear and clean driving record to pass MVR and drug screen
- HERS Rater certificate or BPI certified Building Analyst or Energy Auditor
- Experience promoting energy efficiency and/or building codes in residential sector
- Basic mechanical skills
- Experience with energy modeling software
- Understanding of building science applications or construction background
- Experience with the new construction market in Virginia
- Advanced knowledge of residential energy-efficient technologies
- Customer service and/or sales conversion experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)