Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
QA Automation Engineer-Remote
ICF seeks a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer who will work with a cross-functional team that is responsible for re-platforming quality measure calculations and reporting from the current system to an AWS-hosted web application system.
This position will have a heavy focus on converting manual test plans to automated tests by developing and maintaining new automated tests for our current test suites built on Cypress, Mocha, and Chai. This role requires the ability to understand complex systems and data; both from the user perspective and the technology perspective while independently investigating problems.
- Ensure the overall quality of all aspects for a complex software system, including data, APIs, and web application
- Perform automated and manual testing on web-based applications
- Work with developers and other automation engineers to create and maintain automation frameworks
- Test and debug web-based software including use of in-browser development tools
- Shape the overall QA process through the application of best practices and new approaches to testing workflow
- Associates Degree with 7+ years of software testing experience
- 5+ years’ experience with different types of testing (Functional, Regression, Smoke, Performance, Load, etc.) on web based applications
- Solid understanding of Software Configuration Management concepts and methodologies
- Web Accessibility (508) experience
- Proficiency in at least one source control tool such as Git
- Experience with Load, Stress, and Performance testing with tools such as Artillery.io Locust.io, Jmeter or Goose
- Experience with devOps processes and setting up local environments with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins.
- Must live in the United States and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- BS with 5+ years of experience in a software testing role or an MS in Computer Science and 3+ years of experience in a software testing role
- Experience building automation frameworks from scratch in Node, NPM or Python
- Hands on experience with different test case management tools such as TestRails
- Experience with integrating automated testing into CI/CD processes
- Experience with the JAWS accessibility tool
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools (JIRA/Confluence)
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL database concepts preferred and testing of ETLs
- Hands-on experience with API testing tools such as Postman, Insomnia or Paw
- Demonstrated experience working on Agile development projects
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable supporting a high velocity team
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)