Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
In this position, you will be part of the team building best in class data analytics and machine learning platform. Learn and grow using AWS Infrastructure, DevOps, Agile Scrum, incremental delivery philosophy with highly supportive peers constantly sharing subject matter expertise.
While this position can be 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the US, the preferred candidate would be within driving distance of the DC Metro area for meetings approximately 4 times per year.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provides Intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases.
- Translates technical specifications into code for complex new or enhancement projects
- Develop Python applications that integrate machine learning models
- Integrate various AWS managed services to develop application workflows
- Build solutions to process alternative data from structured and unstructured sources
- Creating applications and scripts to support functionality, data conversion, and data analysis
- Building AWS-based APIs using Lambda and API Gateway to support visualization layer and backend AWS services, including invoking AWS machine learning services
- Build and test serverless functions in AWS using AWS Serverless Application Model
- Work with a cross-functional team of frontend engineers, data scientists, and data engineers
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- 5 or more years of professional experience of application design and development
- 5 or more years of experience with Python
- 3 or more years of experience of building Python-based applications in AWS (deployed via Lambda, ECS/Fargate), as well as building, delivering and deploying via CI/CD
- 3 or more years’ experience working as a developer utilizing common AWS services including S3, Lambda, API Gateway, IAM, AWS RDS and DynamoDB
- 3 or more years’ experience demonstrating expertise in AWS SDKs, such as Boto3 for Python
- 1 or more years demonstrating knowledge and understanding of industry standards such as OpenAPI, REST, OpenID, oAuth2.0
- Due to federal contract, you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident eligible for public trust
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience with AWS SAM, CloudFormation templates, or other infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with the following AWS services: API Gateway, Cognito, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, OpenSearch, Step Functions, SageMaker, and AWS NLP services
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, NLP, Data Science
- Experience with event driven system architecture
- AWS certification
- Self-starter with eagerness to learn and ability to solve problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Technologies you’ll use:
Python, AWS Cloud Services
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Remote Office (FL99)