Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
The Publications Lead will manage the publication coordination efforts of an Administrative Coordinating Center for a high-profile scientific program at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The Publications Manager will work collaboratively with a team to maintain and oversee the policies and overall submission processes for proposals, abstracts, and manuscripts via web-based forms and tracking systems. The Publications lead will be responsible for assessing opportunities to enhance productivity, resolving issues to expedite proposal submission progress, promoting best practices, providing training, and updating policies and standard operating procedures. The Publications Lead will support the following tasks:
- Monitor, track and report the progress of proposal submissions as well and identify, address and report roadblocks
- Provide administrative support for abstracts and maintaining publication related submission forms and fillable views on the website for proposals, manuscripts, and abstracts.
- Work with proposal leads to track status and attend working group meetings as needed
- Develop and execute a communication plan to ensure investigators are aware of proposal contributors, understand acknowledgments, and proposals meet relevant administrative requirements.
- Update records of published manuscripts and pre-prints includes automated literature search performed and curated monthly.
- Provide coordination support of the publication committee including managing and tracking proposals through the peer review process as well as logistics and meetings support.
- Liaison with IT Lead to plan new releases and updates to the proposal tracking system and assist with the creation and execution of test plans to test new features.
- Develop and update communication templates and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders to develop trainings and training materials.
- Contribute to risk planning and reporting tasks.
- Attend and facilitate as needed meetings with clients and external partners.
Required Qualifications Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in relevant field.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience managing and tracking publication processes and timelines.
- Exceptional organizational skills and experience managing and coordinating projects/tasks.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent writing /editing skills and experience developing and working collaboratively to produce SOP’s and other process documentation.
- Experience working for an administrative or data coordinating center
- Experience supporting scientific committees or working groups
- Experience working with technical or Ph. D level professionals
- Experience working at or with NIH or HHS
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)