Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Publication Design Lead
Publication Design Lead
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Are you a creative person who likes to design publications? Interested in creating branding and visual strategies for various materials to help tell a story? We’re currently hiring a Publication Design Lead to manage a creative strategy for publications and other materials released from a cybersecurity focused organization. provide creative and digital services and lead a creative strategy for a cybersecurity focused organization. This is an excellent opportunity to lead the creative publication strategy for a growing organization while working in a creative workspace alongside cybersecurity professionals. This role requires an independent worker with experience in design and managing creative for past publication materials.
- Manages the creative direction, brand, look and feel of creative materials such as publications and brochures.
- Works with graphic designers to provide art direction and layouts for various publications.
- Think strategically while developing designs and concepts for projects and campaigns.
- Have solid concepting experience, and the ability to work with a partner(s).
- Understand visual design and be able to communicate your ideas.
- Experience working in graphic design with compelling portfolio of graphic design work.
- Create and oversee preparation of illustrative materials, including iconography, infographics, drawings, and diagrams.
- Transform ideas into engaging visuals, products, and graphics to fully communicate campaigns and projects while adhering to brand guidelines and ensuring proper messaging is being executed in all products (web and print).
- Work with production personnel, providing input and instruction required to complete production of approved designs.
- 8+ years’ experience in graphic design.
- Active High-level clearance required per government contract.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Creative director, preferably within a federal environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in visual communications or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Understands government work, in this role you will work fairly independently with the team, and have a strong understanding of managing creative with public sector clients.
- A portfolio that shows strong design and brand development experience across mediums.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and strive to stay current in level of knowledge and abilities.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)