Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Policy Specialist
Public Policy / Regulatory Specialist
Are you looking to work on current and emerging policy issues? Do you want to apply your education and experience to help government agencies improve the way they develop and implement regulations, policies, and programs? Our Regulatory, Policy & Economics (RPE) portfolio has over 30 years of experience supporting the design, implementation, and improvement of federal programs and is seeking a policy analyst to join them.
Join our multidisciplinary team of regulatory specialists, policy analysts, economists, and attorneys. We combine legal, policy, economic, and scientific research and analysis to solve unique public policy challenges through innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. Our dynamic work environment involves working on multiple projects simultaneously, supporting a wide range of clients, and providing a wide range of support services for a variety of Federal clients. The full-time position will be located in Fairfax, VA (with flexibility for telework considered) and is available immediately.
Ideal candidates will employ strong research, policy analysis, and writing skills to contribute to policy papers and technical background documents, stakeholder and public comment reports, and other rulemaking-related documents. Ideal candidates also will have experience managing discrete tasks and small teams of staff to work toward a milestone or deliverable. This candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team conducting applied research and providing consulting services in support of national-level programs focused primarily on addressing a range of policy issues, including environmental and resource management issues, transportation, nutrition, food/drug safety, immigration, workforce development, among others.
What you’ll do…
- Participating in short- and long-term engagements to support federal clients whose responsibilities are to develop policies and craft regulations that implement a desired policy, explain the rationale of the rulemaking to interested parties; and implement the regulatory requirements
- Immersing oneself rapidly in varied projects for multiple clients
- Providing verbal and written progress updates to project staff
- Reviewing literature and other technical reports
- Developing recommendations
- Drafting reports and presentations
- Interacting with clients
- Master's degree, plus relevant work experience;
- U.S. Citizenship is required per federal contracts
- Ability to obtain and maintain a moderate-level government security clearance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Detail-oriented and team-oriented approach
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); and
- Time management strategies
- Understanding of and experience with the federal rulemaking process
- Regulatory research skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)