Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Policy Researcher
Public Policy Researcher
Are you an analytical problem solver? Do you want to apply your education and experience to help government agencies at all levels improve the way they develop and implement policies and programs? Our Regulatory, Policy, and Economics Portfolio has over 30 years of experience supporting the design, implementation, and improvement of federal, municipal and private sector programs and is seeking recent college graduates to join them.
Join our multidisciplinary team of economists, policy analysts, attorneys, business analysts, environmental scientists, and engineers. We combine economic, legal, engineering, and scientific research and analysis to solve unique public policy challenges through innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. Our dynamic work environment involves working on multiple projects simultaneously, supporting a wide range of clients at all levels of government and industries, and providing a wide range of support services.
As a Public Policy Researcher, you will:
- Contribute to policy papers and technical background documents
- Support economic and regulatory analysis and program evaluation
- Develop recommendations through collecting and analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data
- Review literature and other technical reports
- Interact with clients to prepare and discuss ICF’s work products, including our methodology, approach, and results
As a Public Policy Researcher, you will need:
- Strong quantitative, policy analysis and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite of products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe
- Experience using R, STATA, or other statistical software package for data analysis
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, economics, government, mathematics, science, or related subjects
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)