Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Housing Consultant - ON CALL REMOTE ROLE
Public Housing Consultant - ON-CALL ROLE
ICF seeks a self-motivated Public Housing Consultant to be an integral senior member of our technical assistance team leading and supporting capacity building efforts for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
This is an on-call position. Hours will vary according to project needs, up to a maximum of 30 hours per week.
You must be a pro-active, team player able to work in a fast-paced environment who will be responsible for supporting a wide range of technical assistance engagements, providing direct guidance to grantees or federal partners, and developing products and written materials designed to help improve the effectiveness of federally-assisted housing assistance, and community and economic development programs.
What you'll be doing
- Leading and coordinating components of large and small technical assistance and training engagements involving public housing and housing choice vouchers.
- Drafting written products and tools to be applied within specific engagements and shared nationally.
- . Managing priorities to ensure accurate, timely, and cost-efficient project completion.
- Providing advisory and consulting services to clients through training sessions, one-on-one conversations, and written products.
- Performing quality control on products and tools to ensure compliance with regulations and ensure consistency and accuracy.
- May also lead and manage teams, budgets, project deliverables, communication with the TA recipient, and relations with HUD
- Master’s degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, or related discipline preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how public housing and housing choice voucher programs are implemented.
- 7+ years of experience working at or consulting with public housing agencies.
- Experience with Moving to Work (MTW), broadband access, and/or energy efficiency/renewable energy in public and/or affordable housing a plus.
- Experience in developing and implementing project/team processes.
- Project and personnel management skills and experience.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and consultants;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams);
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences; and
- Comfort with a remote team environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)