Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Health Evaluation Analyst - Remote
ICF seeks a Public Health Research/Evaluation Specialist to support its ongoing research, evaluation, and/or training and technical assistance projects in the field of public health for clients such as the CDC, NIH, SAMHSA, HRSA, private and nonprofit organizations, and state governments. Our portfolio of work includes the design and implementation of applied research and evaluation studies, such as program/policy evaluations, performance monitoring, systematic literature reviews and landscape analyses, and treatment and cost effectiveness studies. Our studies involve the analysis of primary and extant data to understand relationships, process, outcome, and impact of public health initiatives.
The selected candidate will contribute to the design and implementation of appropriate study methods, interact with experts in the field, and build specific content knowledge and consulting skills. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who can work independently to solve problems creatives and work effectively as part of a team, taking direction from others while contributing to overall project goals. Candidates must be able to synthesize qualitative and quantitative information from multiple sources, contribute to products for a range of audiences, and interact effectively with clients and colleagues. A solid grounding and experience in public health, evaluation science, social science, or behavioral science is necessary. Experience in any of the following content areas is a plus: school health, training evaluation, chronic disease prevention, substance misuse, suicide prevention, adverse childhood experiences, emergency preparedness and response, and/or reducing health disparities.
*This role can be 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the U.S.*
*Along with your application please also submit a writing sample*
What you’ll be doing:
With the supervision of senior researchers, responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing background research on specified topics and synthesizing information in the form of annotated bibliographies and literature reviews.
- Contributing to the design and development of research and evaluation plans.
- Preparing research protocols and materials for Institutional Review Board review.
- Collecting primary data through conducting interviews, focus groups, or surveys; participating in site visits.
- Performing quantitative research activities, such as: survey design; data coding and management, including data cleaning and validation; and data analysis.
- Performing qualitative research activities, such as: design and implementation of interview and focus group protocols; conducting thematic coding of qualitative data.
- Performing quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis using statistical analysis software such as R, SPSS, SAS, Stata, and/or MAXQDA.
- Contributing to the development of deliverables, such as reports (e.g., writing drafts of methods, approaches, and findings), presentations, summary briefs, and data visualizations (e.g., graphs, charts, infographics) to communicate study findings to professional and lay audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Behavioral/Social Sciences, or related scientific or technical discipline
- 3+ years of applied social science research and evaluation experience.
- Master's degree in public health, public policy, behavioral/social sciences, or related field with applied social science research and evaluation experience
- Experience conducting research or evaluation in partnership with health departments or community-based organizations
- Demonstrated experience conducting literature reviews for background research and/or systematic reviews, scoping reviews, or landscape analyses
- Experience with primary data collection through surveys, interviews, and/or focus groups and with securing secondary data from external databases and public sources
- Demonstrated experience using data collection programs (e.g., SurveyMonkey) and statistical software (i.e., R, SPSS, SAS, Stata, MAXQDA) for data analysis, preferably with strong skills in programming/syntax
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing qualitative and quantitative information from a variety of sources
- Experience contributing to report writing and other technical writing
- Experience managing projects and/or tasks with little oversight or direction
- Prior research, evaluation and/or lived experience with communities experiencing health disparities
- Experience in consulting or other similarly demanding environments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Candidates should be organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated success adhering to project timelines and deliverables
- Ability to work independently to solve problems creatively
- Work effectively on teams and be able to manage their time across multiple projects and tasks
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$56,467.00 - $95,993.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)