Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Health Data Quality Assurance/Control Analyst
ICF seeks a Data Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Analyst to support our National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS)/ Office of Rare Disease Research (ORDR) client. ORDR coordinates and supports rare diseases research, responds to research opportunities for rare diseases, and provides information on rare diseases. ORDR supports the Genetic and Rare Disease Information Center (GARD) website to provide information about rare and genetic diseases to patients, families, and medical professionals.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for examining complex rare disease and genetics data and turning it into information and insight to inform project decisions. They also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify any issues or ways to improve systems and database designs. This role requires requirements gathering and analysis activities by working with stakeholders, developers, bioinformatics analysts, and other team members. This role suits people who enjoy working with numbers and data sets, have an aptitude for computer systems and software, and have strong analytical abilities.
This is a temporary position with the possibility of extension and is a telecommuting position.
- Update existing SOPs and identify and develop additional SOPs needed to ensure that project objectives are met.
- Implement and monitor processes to assess performance and quality of the service or product.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control reviews of the existing and newly established processes.
- Clearly communicate processes to staff and ensure adherence to the processes.
- Create new documentation to help satisfy client needs.
- Monitor data for trends or patterns of problems and participate in process improvement.
- Provide reports or documentation such as deviation reports, testing protocols, and trend analyses.
- Recommend, implement, and monitor preventative and corrective actions to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a biomedical science, public health or related discipline with at least 2 years of professional experience of quality inspection, auditing, and testing.
- Ability to identify and communicate data processing errors and content discrepancies or inconsistencies.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems creatively and independently.
- Experience in data management and quality assurance.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team environment and contribute to consensus-based decision making.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priority as directed.
- Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively with team members in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at every level.
- Ability to define and document quality assurance processes.
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to challenges.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage client expectations and persuasively communicate complex issues and make oral presentations.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and communicate effectively under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- General computer skills with a proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with Agile Methodology.
- Able to work well alone as well as within a multidisciplinary team using tools such as Slack, WebEx, Zoom or Skype for Business when communicating with the team.
- Self-starter and highly motivated, with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Preferred: Salesforce experience.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)