Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Health and Healthcare Emergency Preparedness Specialist
ICF is seeking a candidate with demonstrated experience in the area of public health and healthcare system preparedness, emergency healthcare delivery, and response planning, training, exercise, and operational support. Candidates will be working independently and as part of a team to support client needs for national, state, and local public health and healthcare system preparedness planning, capabilities development and implementation, training and technical assistance development and delivery, program evaluation, performance measurement, and other program components.
- Master’s in Public Health or related field or Bachelor’s with 5 additional years of relevant public health/healthcare emergency preparedness planning experience
- 5+ years of practical public health or healthcare emergency preparedness and/or response experience (e.g., mass patient care and public health surge, infectious disease preparedness and management, epidemiology and surveillance, environmental health and surety, mass fatality, emergency operations, CBRNE experience)
- 1+ year of experience working collaboratively with local and state public health jurisdictions and emergency response partners
- Healthcare or clinical experience a plus.
- COVID-19 experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated, work independently, and have excellent writing and oral skills
- Be conversant in national emergency management, homeland security, public health preparedness and healthcare system preparedness doctrine and policies
- Organized, detail oriented, with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- High level of energy and good sense of humor with the capacity for extraordinary time and effort demands.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)