Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Psychologist - With Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Experience
Psychological Health Services Subject Matter Expert (Psychologist), With Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Experience
ICF, Inc., is seeking early–mid-career PhD- or PsyD-trained Psychologists with 5+ years of post-doctoral experience and a clinical, counseling, or community psychology background to support a Department of Defense (DoD) client in the Washington, DC Metro Area (i.e., the DMV). This is not a care delivery position. Rather, the position supports the DoD’s clinical community via developing (and maintaining) clinical support products that provide evidence-based information regarding behavioral health practices across the DoD; and by coordinating working groups and events geared toward enhancing mental health care throughout the DoD. He/she will also assist with responding to congressional inquiries, requests for briefs on military mental health from senior leadership and providing other information regarding the state of military mental health, as well as ethical issues related to military health care.
In addition to clinical experience, we seek a mental/behavioral health professional with a strong research and/or policy background. The selected candidate will have demonstrable experience with aspects of behavioral treatment, issues, and techniques with psychological conditions of most relevance to the military (e.g., substance misuse, PTSD, depression, etc.); and prior experience working with substance use disorders.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide presentations on military behavioral healthcare that can be delivered both in person and via webinar
- Assist with development of clinical support tools, including written materials providing psychoeducation and overviews of best practices for providers, patients, and their families (e.g., Clinical Support Tools and Practice Guides)
- Prepare data for leadership reports, scientific presentations, and publications
- Conduct literature reviews and environmental scans to inform decision makers of key findings and gaps in the extant literature
- Provide evidence-informed written responses, sometimes within a very short turn-around time
- Monitor current research in topics relevant to military mental health
- Provide logistics and meeting support (scheduling, producing minutes, facilitating, etc.) for mental health-related working groups
- Support projects that promote a culture of support for Psychological Health and evidence-based practices
- Carefully document ongoing projects and provide regular updates to leadership
- Maintain active engagement with current developments in the field of clinical psychology and related disciplines
- Perform administrative duties as needed
- PhD or PsyD in Psychology from a graduate program accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) or Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) at the time the degree was granted.
- 5+ full-time, continuous years of relevant Psychological Health professional experience
- Must hold and maintain a current license to practice psychology.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a licensed health professional.
- Minimum of 3 years’ post-doctoral experience working in substance use disorder (SUD) management.
- Demonstrate strong understanding and knowledge of issues pertaining to clinical practice
- Capacity to collaborate easily with peers, managers, and clients while leading program development to a completed and successful solution
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of client’s timelines and budgets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- Prior DoD Psychological Health experience
- Previous peer reviewed publications of relevance to military healthcare
- Ability and experience communicating effectively (speaking and writing) to diverse audiences in order to convey clinical processes, problems, and solutions
- Prior experience as a federal contractor
#LI-CC1 #P1H2C3O3E4 #Indeed
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)