Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Proposal Writer - on-call
Our Proposal team is growing and we are looking to add Proposal Writers to our on-call team.
The Proposal Writer interprets customer requirements and works with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to write clear, concise, and compliant responses. Proposal writing assignments may include proposal content such as management plans, technical content and solutions, past performance and corporate experience, staffing plans, resumes, and oral presentations. This position can work from anywhere in the U.S.
What you will do:
- Write clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translate technical and other ideas into easily understandable text that meets solicitation requirements and page limitations; rewrite and review proposal sections and related proposal documents for a wide range of bids
- Ensure win themes, key messages, discriminators, benefits, and proofs are clearly and effectively communicated
- Develop new content and re-use existing content in fresh ways to respond to requirements
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; coordinate requirements with contributors; and contribute proposal status information to review meetings
- Follow industry and corporate proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone
- Able to elicit information from SMEs (or lead discussions) to develop proposal material
- May collaborate with graphic designers to ensure images support or correctly reflect narrative
- Able to successfully work both independently and with all levels of management and technical staff to develop winning proposals
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree; specialization in communications, English, journalism, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of technical or proposal writing experience
- Able to maintain quality result by following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone
- Familiarity with industry standards, including APA, Chicago, and AMA, is preferred
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment
- Able to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Highly responsive and able to identify and address high-priority tasks
- Strong proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); access to a PC and Microsoft Office 365
- Proficiency in the use of SharePoint and MS Teams
What we would like:
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Positive attitude, even when under pressure
- Customer service orientation
- Able to support in editing proposals
- Able to work to meet deadlines (nights, weekends, and holidays, at times)
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; collaborative and productive work style
- Able to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as teaming partners
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)