Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Proposal Writer – Beneficial Electrification / Electric Vehicles (EV)Flexible Location
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented candidate to support proposal writing and business development within our Electrification Team. Beneficial Electrification programs support utilities and their customers in their switch from fossil fuel powered equipment to electric alternatives. From light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles to buildings and industrial equipment, stakeholders are evaluating the possibilities to electrify. ICF helps utilities and companies evaluate the opportunities and deliver financial, operational, energy system and decarbonization benefits.
- Research, write, and organize information in a compelling, professional, and credible manner
- Prepare questions based on RFP requirements and conduct interviews with technical experts to inform responses to client questions
- Editing and revising content according to feedback
- Maintain consistency with ICF editorial standards
- Work with design teams to create graphics and visuals that simply convey complex ideas, processes, or information. Bonus if candidate is able to create simple and quick graphics as needed for proposals
- Candidates should be comfortable managing their own proposal in addition to writing
- BA or BS in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field
- 2 – 5 years of experience in journalism, proposal writing, grant writing, or technical writing
- Strong working knowledge of word processing software
- Experience interviewing technical subject matter experts to translate technical requirements and approach into compelling and persuasive prose
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Emissions reductions or decarbonization experience
- APMP / Shipley methodologies
- PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, or InDesign experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)