Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Proposal Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer | Remote
The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing and developing graphics and illustrations in support of proposals. The Graphic Designer coordinates directly with proposal managers, proposal coordinators, technical subject matter experts (SMEs), desktop publishers, and other team members while using visual communication expertise to meet and exceed requirements.
- Interact with technical and sales professionals to develop conceptual designs supporting the messaging strategy
- Blend photography, imagery, infographics, text, and multimedia elements to create high-impact proposals and presentations
- Prepare and revise graphics quickly and accurately
- Demonstrate initiative and innovation appropriate to the assignment and timeframe
- Facilitate discussions about how to visually represent analytic ideas
- Work closely with the Proposal Manager, Proposal Coordinator, and Graphic Designer(s) throughout the proposal development process
- Comply with corporate identity standards
- Prepare graphics for electronic and/or physical delivery
- Disseminate and archive finished graphics as required
- Minimum 5+ years of proposal-specific graphic design experience
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro
- Expertise Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with translating data into visually appealing layouts and infographs
- Knowledge of industry-standard graphic design software on PC platforms
- Exceptional attention to detail with a focus on quality and consistency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience with data visualization, technical illustration, and infographic project production
- Experience with publication, print design, branding/brand identity, promotional design, and marketing and advertisement
- Proven written and oral communication abilities
- Positive attitude, even when under pressure
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (nights, weekends, and holidays, at times)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; collaborative and productive work style
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as teaming partners
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)