Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Proposal Formatter - work from home
Our Proposal support team is growing and we are looking for a Proposal Formatter. You will be responsible for desktop publishing and production/file preparation activities in support of proposals. You will partner with proposal managers, coordinators, technical subject matter experts (SMEs), graphic designers and other team members to produce proposal templates, documents, and related material while ensuring compliance with solicitation requirements and corporate branding standards.
This position is remote and you can work from home from anywhere in the United States.
What you will do:
- Perform desktop publishing in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat to ensure proposal documents are formatted in accordance with solicitation requirements
- Prepare and revise documents quickly and accurately by using or developing compliant Word templates based on solicitation requirements while adhering to corporate standards for quality, format, and style
- Integrate and format proposal content from multiple authors
- Insert and properly align graphics, exhibits, tables, charts, and graphs into visually pleasing, easy-to-read documents
- Ensure final versions of graphics are properly inserted into final proposal documents
- Work closely with the Proposal Manager, Proposal Coordinator, and Graphic Designer(s) throughout the proposal development process
- Format final documents for print or electronic submission in accordance with corporate quality, design, content, and style standards and in compliance with RFP requirements
- Comply with corporate identity standards
- Prepare files for electronic and/or physical delivery
What you will need:
- 3+ years of desktop publishing experience
- Expertise in Microsoft Word
- Advanced experience with MS Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge using styles to format Word documents and developing templates for large, complex documents
- Exceptional attention to detail with a focus on quality and consistency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment
- Ability to work to meet deadlines which can be nights, weekends, and holidays
What we would like:
- Proposal-specific desktop publishing experience
- Experience with proposals and familiarity with analyzing solicitation sections that impact format and production
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro
Additional professional skills/experience:
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Positive attitude, even when under pressure
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- A collaborative and productive work style
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as teaming partners
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)