Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Support Specialist, Data Analysis & Content Management – Housing and Community Development (REMOTE ROLE)
At ICF we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients, and committed to improving the lives of others. If you’re seeking to work for a mission-driven company and to challenge yourself professionally, join our inclusive community of communicators, creatives, strategists, and technologists who challenge the status quo every day. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
We are seeking a Project Support Specialist for the HUD Exchange, an award-winning U.S. Department of Housing Urban Development (HUD) digital platform. The Project Support Specialist will support tasks within the website and digital product development cycle, manage and analyze data, and manage web content using a content management system and other tools.
The mission of the HUD Exchange is to build the knowledge and capacity of the HUD’s nonprofit and government grantees—so they can implement successful housing, community development, and natural disaster recovery programs. The HUD Exchange provides a single access point where HUD grantees and the public can find program best practices, take training, use interactive tools, make a technical assistance request, ask questions, and much more.
The HUD Exchange is the recipient of a Center for Digital Government Project Experience Award which celebrates digital work from organizations that have radically improved how constituents experience government and push the boundaries of how services are delivered. View the HUD Exchange at https://www.hudexchange.info.
This is an entry level position. If you have a background in public policy, government, urban planning, sociology, or related fields, we want you to apply! If you have experience or an interest in data analysis or website development… even better! We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.
Web Functionality and Development
- Work with clients and subject matter experts to identify enhancements and translate needs to a team of software engineers and designers for development and implementation
- Draft requirements for new functionality and tools
- Test website functionality and create acceptance criteria
- Support and conduct user interviews
- Coordinate with software engineers via Jira tickets
- Troubleshoot issues/bugs
- Draft technical user guides for tools/functionality
Data Management and Analysis
- Clean up large sets of data in Excel
- Analyze datasets and report on findings in Excel, Tableau, and other analytics tool
- Develop and maintain protocols, templates, and tracking tools
Content Management and Project Support
- Develop knowledge of HUD’s programs and systems to inform content and respond to user needs
- Research and coordinate with subject matter/technical staff as needed to fully and completely respond to user inquiries or troubleshoot functionality
- Draft and edit content for clarity, readability, and effectiveness
- Respond to client inquiries with a customer service-focused attitude
- Support website content management including: posting resources, FAQs, reports, and other information using a Content Management System (CMS), designing/coding web pages (HTML), and data review/analysis
- Provide general project support (note taking, budget tracking, monthly reporting, invoicing, data analysis)
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Government, Economics, Urban Planning, or another relevant field
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Technology savvy individual who is eager to learn about web applications and software
- Interest in doing good and supporting affordable housing and community development
- Proactive self-starter with proven organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Experience developing and maintaining spreadsheets and analyzing datasets
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communications for the web and to people with varying levels of technical understanding
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to remain cool under pressure and possessing a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude
- Excellent copy editing and QA/QC skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment
- Experience in data visualization software (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience using applications such as: Content Management Systems (CMS), Mailchimp (or similar application), Google Analytics, Survey Monkey, YouTube, Twitter, SharePoint, Jira, Salesforce, etc.
- Experience in web development, design, and coding (HTML)
- Experience making web content user-friendly and 508 compliant
About ICF’s Housing and Community Development PracticeThe Housing and Community Development Practice (HCD) provides services to strengthen communities and the institutions that work to provide affordable housing, prevent homelessness, recover from natural disasters, and promote financial literacy. HCD does this through training and technical assistance, data analysis, monitoring, planning, and program implementation services.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)