Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Manager, Regulation & Policy
Are you looking to work on current and emerging policy issues and regulatory programs? Do you want to apply your education and experience to help government agencies improve the way they develop and implement regulations, policies, and programs? Our Regulatory, Policy & Economics (RPE) portfolio has over 30 years of experience supporting the design, implementation, and improvement of federal programs and is seeking a regulatory policy manager to join them.
Join our multidisciplinary team of regulatory specialists, policy analysts, economists, and attorneys. We combine legal, policy, economic, and scientific research and analysis to solve unique public policy challenges through innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. Our dynamic work environment involves working on multiple projects simultaneously, and providing a wide range of support services for a variety of Federal clients.
The full-time position will be located in Fairfax, VA (with flexibility for telework considered).
The Project Manager, Regulation & Policy Manager will help manage interdisciplinary teams supporting federal government clients who develop and implement regulatory programs affecting the environment, energy, homeland security and immigration, labor and workforce issues, public health, nutrition, transportation, and other national priorities. Responsibilities also will include contributing to business development and portfolio growth.
What you'll be doing:
- Participating in or managing short- and long-term engagements to support federal clients whose responsibilities are to develop policies and craft regulations that implement a desired policy, explain the rationale of the rulemaking to interested parties, and implement the regulatory requirements
- Providing day-to-day technical direction to project staff
- Managing project teams and developing and monitoring project budgets and schedules
- Managing day-to-day client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction and working to develop long-term client relationships
- Analyzing public comments and writing comment summaries on controversial projects
- Identifying client needs and working with others to pursue regulatory support follow-on work or new business opportunities
- Developing recommendation, and drafting reports and presentations
What you must have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree (in Public Policy, Political Science, or a related field) plus at least 7 years of related work experience in a professional services firm or related environment; OR
- Demonstrated understanding of the federal rulemaking process
- U.S. Citizenship is required per federal contracts
- Ability to obtain and maintain a moderate-level government security clearance
- Experience managing and providing day to day oversight of individuals or teams
- Experience developing and monitoring project budgets and schedules
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, time management, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and collaborative approach.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
What we'd like you to have (preferred qualifications):
- 5+ years of experience working on projects related to federal regulatory programs and issues and involving research, analysis, and writing
- Relevant work experience with the federal rulemaking process
- Experience pursuing new business or development of business proposals
Why you’ll love working here:
- Comprehensive health benefits and corporate wellness program
- Competitive vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work arrangements.
- A diverse workforce that values equity and inclusion
- Employee community networks to support a diverse, inclusive workplace
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities to meet your professional goals.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$0.00 - $0.00
Reston, VA (VA30)