Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Manager, Power Sector Analysis (Washington DC/Hybrid)
Project Manager, Power Sector AnalysisRemote - Must reside within travel distance of Washington, D.C.
ICF is seeking a qualified project manager to join our Energy and International Development practice. We support federal agencies such as the Department of Energy (DOE) in analyzing trends in the energy sector, conducting power sector studies, and assessing the effect of policies and regulations to ensure a secure, reliable and resilient energy sector.
As a manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of analysts to conduct research, prepare reports, perform market studies and due diligence, evaluate the impact of policies, and contribute to thought leadership on the U.S. energy sector. You will analyze trends in the industry, including renewable resource integration, decarbonization, electrification, and grid modernization in support of our clients’ efforts to meet federal government energy goals. You will assess the impact of policies and regulations that could shape the nature of investments in the energy sector in the coming years. We are looking for an analytical individual that balances strong communication and technical skills and can work independently and collaboratively. As part of your role, you will manage consulting assignments and support all levels of project staff, with direct responsibility for project management, client contact, and business growth.
This is a full-time position, and we are ready to hire immediately. Location is flexible, but with expectations for travel to federal offices in Washington, D.C. periodically.
- Lead a team of analysts to perform electric transmission and distribution system modeling and analysis using tools such as PROMOD, PSLF, PSS/E, PowerWorld and CYMDIST.
- Analyze technical and economic impacts of energy sector regulations, legislation, and policies; energy market forces; and macroeconomic trends.
- Support clients in tackling challenges to the achievement of clean energy goals, including investments in renewable resources, advancements in grid modernization, improvements in grid reliability and resilience, and feasibility of decarbonization and electrification measures.
- Work closely with our practice leads to expand our service offerings.
- Lead, coach, and share best practices with other ICF colleagues.
- Establish yourself as a thought leader on energy sector regulations, policies, and trends through publications and presentations that showcase ICF’s technical leadership.
- Manage technical consulting assignments, including outlining and drafting deliverables, managing the budget, and directing project staff.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Energy, Statistics or related field
- 5+ years successfully supporting U.S. energy market analysis
- Knowledge of U.S. electricity market structures, regulations and policies and understanding of trends in electricity transmission and distribution
- Project management experience with multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of electricity market modeling approaches and tools (e.g. PROMOD, PSLF, PowerWorld, PSS/E, CYMDIST.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)