Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Manager, Energy Infrastructure Program Development
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in helping to develop a secure, modern, and clean energy grid. Join our team in supporting the U.S. Department of Energy’s implementation of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. You will support DOE’s senior leadership as they work to efficiently develop the programs required to accomplish the objectives of the Law. You will provide a broad range of project management and administrative support working closely with DOE leadership and the strategic working groups. We have multiple positions so candidates with a variety of experience levels will be considered.
What you’ll be doing:
- Organize and facilitate team meetings. Prepare meeting agendas, records actions from meetings and draft meeting reports; ensure follow up for required actions.
- Provide management information, advice, recommendations, and assistance to the senior political staff on a wide variety of projects, programs, issues, and initiatives.
- Analyzes information, data and assess progress of programs, projects, and processes. Compile technical, financial, and other project data; maintain responsibility for tracking the financials associated with infrastructure programs. Make recommendations on policies and proposals affecting programs.
- Identify and monitor problem areas requiring leadership decisions and recommend a specific course of action that will resolve or correct the problem.
- Analyze strategic, program, policy, legislative and administrative issues and processes.
- Keeping project materials organized, maintaining SharePoint sites, TEAMS and/or other collaboration tools.
- In collaboration with the support team and client(s), accomplish tasks within estimated timeframes and ensuring contract deliverables meet performance and quality standards.
- Provide a variety of routine administrative support to a project. Participate in special projects as required.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of experience in project management or program support
- Exceptional project and process management skills, and ability to take ownership over projects from start to finish
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills, with the ability to clearly communicate complex issues
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional relationships with strong customer service, conflict management, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TEAMS, and Project) and proficiency in maintaining SharePoint sites, Teams, and other collaboration tools.
- US citizenship required
What we would like:
- Knowledge of federal government contracting and budgeting processes
- Experience in the areas of energy or critical infrastructure
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- MBA, MPP, MS in project management or other related advanced degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)