Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Manager- Education/Consulting - REMOTE
ICF's Youth & Adult Education Portfolio is currently seeking a Project Manager to lead a range of research and evaluation projects. Clients include federal and state government agencies, non-profit organizations, and colleges and universities. As a Project Manager, you will apply your knowledge and work experience to research, evaluation, and technical assistance projects on the topics of K-20 and adult education, as well as financial literacy and empowerment. Project Managers at ICF often advance in our consulting practice.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing teams in the design and implementation of mixed-method research and evaluation projects that involve analysis and reporting of results from surveys, focus groups, one-on-one interviews, virtual and on-site visits, and administrative data. Candidates must be able to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines; be well-versed in research/evaluation strategies, methodologies, and analytic approaches; have excellent written and verbal communication skills; be able to maintain positive relationships with clients and colleagues; and play an integral role in proposal development.
Areas of responsibility may include:
- Leading complex projects involving teams with diverse skill sets and experience levels.
- Developing research study designs and evaluation plans.
- Supervising the work of more junior research staff.
- Writing research proposals and technical reports and delivering presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Designing and managing surveys.
- Conducting one-on-one interviews and focus groups, as well as managing recruitment, logistics, note-taking, and reporting.
- Conducting occasional observations and site visits either virtually or in-person to locations nationwide.
- Analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Creating data visualizations to help clients understand data more effectively.
- Developing literature reviews and writing research briefs.
- Master’s degree in Education, Public Policy, Social Science, or related discipline. (PhD preferred)
- 5+ years of experience leading and conducting research studies and/or program evaluations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience working directly with clients and producing high-quality professional reports.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Knowledge of K-20 and/or adult education in the United States.
- Experience organizing and leading interviews and focus groups with different audiences, remotely and in person.
- Experience using analytical packages (e.g., SPSS, Dedoose, NVivo).
- Experience applying analytic skills in a working environment (such as merging, cleaning, manipulating datasets).
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel, as well as Teams
- Strong interest in business development (capture, proposal writing, etc.) to acquire new projects.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Commitment to applying equity-minded research and evaluation practices.
- Prior work experience in a consulting environment.
The position is full-time remote.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)