Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is hiring for an entry level Project Manager for our Postal team in Merrifield, VA. While this role is currently remote, when restrictions are lifted, this role will sit on-site with USPS in Merrifield.
The best candidate for this role is a professional with end-to-end project management skills. One a daily basis, this role includes creating and maintaining project plans, facilitating meetings to document business requirements, scheduling, tracking, and reporting on project status, and identifying and mitigating project risks. The position requires extensive understanding and experience within the product development life cycle. This position defines and documents internal and external user interfaces and supports system and data requirement clarification and definition. The ideal candidate will provide project level specialized support for management-related issues and concerns. You will also be able to identify best practices, effect re-engineering, change management, continuous process improvement, root cause analysis, IT planning and sourcing, develop/recommend IT performance-based metrics, and organizational development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create and maintain workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements
- Use your exceptional organizational skills as well as interpersonal and communication skills to establish relationships at all levels of the organization and meet the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Quickly develop a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements, documenting those requirements in use-case format
- Demonstrate your knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing (integration, user, and performance), debugging, implementation, and support
- Continue developing your solid understanding of application programming, database, and system design
- Utilize your solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) and project management software
- Focus on Agile development
- Work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility and adaptability in a team role
What you must have:
- 2 or more years of related IT program/project management experience in a software development environment.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree (preferably in Project Management)
- 2 or more years of working with product SDLC including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation and support
- 2 or more years of working with programs that include programing, database, and system design
- 2 or more years of working with MS Suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- 2 or more years of experience working in an Agile development environment
- 1 or more years of experience working with internal and external teams to develop, track, report, and implement project plans
- Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust due to Government Contract
What we’d like you to have:
- PMP or other project management certification is strongly desired
- Experience with Visio
- Experience working for government as a consultant or similar environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)