Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Management / PMO Support Specialist
Project Management / Project Coordination Specialist(PnA Project Manage)
ICF is seeking an experienced Project Manager to support the management of its Department of Defense’s (DoD) client’s portfolio of projects. The position will be in the general Washington, DC Metro Area (i.e., the DMV). The project management specialist will be responsible for working with client project sponsors and owners to keep their project’s key performance metrics current and updated within the client’s MS Excel-based project portfolio. Successful candidates must be able to apply industry-recognized project management practices across various projects. This role requires independent staff engagement, decision making, and the ability to provide ongoing support to multiple projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management support and consultation for multiple projects and branches
- Support various data entry requirements, handle meeting scheduling, take and disseminate meeting minutes, maintain staff training files, proofread documents, develop response packages and other documents as needed
- Manage project objectives, metrics, risks, and project constraints (scope, schedule, cost, and quality)
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement (in terms of the client’s ongoing project portfolio management process) and suggest innovative improvements to reduce level of effort/complexity and improve data fidelity
- Revise and implement organizational project and portfolio management practices, leveraging standardized processes and capabilities
- Maintain project performance data in a large MS Excel workbook
- Support project owners/sponsors in collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on schedule with the desired level of quality
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-8 years’ of relevant professional experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience
- Exceptional organization skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects while leveraging industry best PM practices and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- PMP certification
- Experience working within the DoD or other federal government agencies
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)