Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Finance Control
Are you an experienced Project Finance Controller? Do you want to apply your financial background in programs that improve the communities you live and work? Join our Disaster Management team today!
In this position you will support the operations of a growth business with complex and fast paced projects. Responsibilities include project setup, budgeting, forecasting, revenue recognition, variance analysis, and reporting. The position also allows the opportunity to interface with operations and senior management to share financial results and identify future expectations. The Project Finance Controller oversees the finances for various types of contracts and is integral to effective financial reporting at ICF.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
This is a hybrid position from our Reston, VA office and will report directly to a Project Finance Control Manager.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for the Project Manager on all direct project related financial tasks.
• Analyze all direct project costs/fee/revenue data; monitor project budgets and progress; and share results with Program Managers to ensure projects achieve financial expectations.
• Review and complete timely and accurate project monthly revenue recognition procedures, in accordance with GAAP and ICF policies.
• Prepare and effectively review project-based forecasting, including Estimate-At-Complete (EAC)/Estimate-To-Complete (ETC) analyses.
• Set-up projects with different contract types (Cost-Plus, T&M, and Fixed-Price) including proper billing and revenue terms. Ensure that project set-ups and modifications are entered into Deltek Costpoint in accordance with ICF’s internal SOX policies and procedures.
• Maintain Deltek Costpoint project information (i.e. contract /funding values, period of performance, line of business, project labor categories, etc.).
• Ensure timely invoice processing. Work with assigned billing specialist; review and approve client invoices; follow up on collections; and analyze and understand unbilled WIP.
• Manage project subcontractor invoices, including subcontractor invoice approval; invoice write-up and submission to Accounts Payable; and maintenance of subcontractor financial data for semi-annual subcontractor reporting (SF 294).
• Prepare project work plan / task order budgets as needed.
• Maintain project forecasts to assist the project team with effective financial planning.
• Prepare and submit project monthly progress reports /other reports as required.
• Interact with other departments, such as Contracts, Pricing, Accounting, Project Management, and Business Unit Leads regarding project related issues.
• Maintain open communication with direct management regarding financial results and ensure Project Managers and other senior personnel are aware of risks and opportunities identified during project financial tracking, revenue review, A/R, WIP, etc.
• Review and monitor project funding and expenditures for contract 75% Limitation of Funds notification.• Prepare and provide necessary financial information (i.e., fee retention, final invoice review) and other related financial information/documentation to the ICF closeout department.
• 3+ years experience with Deltek Costpoint.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related discipline, or equivalent experience in a related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in Finance/Project Control in a government and/or commercial contracting environment.
• 2+years experience with type cost reimbursable, fixed price and commercial contracts.
• 2+ years experience maintaining financial records• 2+ years’ experience using MS Office applications, including Advanced Excel (VLookups, Pivot Tables, etc)
Preferred Skills:• TM1 experience highly desirable
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$77,890.00 - $132,413.00
Reston, VA (VA30)