Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is seeking a Project Director with a minimum of 10 years’ demonstrated experience in child welfare to join our growing team! This role will support a refugee call center with the mission to support unaccompanied children and their sponsors. You will work with the client team, as well as ICF team members and subcontractors, in a collaborative, fast-paced, and growing organization.
The Project Director will be the overall manager of the contract and a single point of contact for resolution of contract related issues setting and executing the vision for the team. You will be responsible for managing and implementing the overall contract requirements and overseeing the implementation of more complex tasks. You will also provide subject matter expertise surrounding child welfare and immigrating children, enabling our team to provide customer-centric services and informed training.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee staffing, management, and reporting
- Builds client relationship with a focus on meeting contract requirements, being transparent, and driving continuous improvement
- Provides subject matter expertise feedback related to work
- Oversee compliance with contract, client requirements and collaboration, timely performance of tasks and deliverables, and training needs
- Manages activities of subcontractors
- Reviews contract, operations, and management reports
- Responds to and resolves client inquiries in a professional and timely fashion
- Directly supervises the leadership team
- Builds a team culture driven by the understanding of the team’s purpose, a desire to help the customer and opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Masters’ degree in Social Work, or a social science related discipline
- Ten (10) years’ demonstrated child welfare experience
- Experience working with immigrant youth and families and underserved populations is strongly preferred
- Experience in fiscal and contract management and developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Successful record of accomplishment for leading, motivating, counseling, and training employees
- US Citizenship
- PMP certification
- Experience managing call center operations
- Experience managing state or federal budgets
- Experience working with an ORR grantee program serving refugees or unaccompanied children
- Ability to provide direction and positive leadership
- Ability to understand, explain, interpret, and apply laws, rules, and regulations associated with the child welfare program
- Excellent organizational, written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and make independent decisions
- Ability to resolve issues; manage resources; interface with client representatives regarding contract objectives
- Competent understanding of project management methodology including the ability to manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, and run team meetings
- Ability to receive client feedback and research thoroughly and quickly with team support
- Proven team-building skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Must have a focus on details and driving results
- Must demonstrate and maintain an extremely high regard for sensitive information
- Must be able to successfully complete initial and ongoing training and keep current and proficient on knowledge
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Remote Office (TX99)