Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Director - Events
About ICF Next
At ICF Next, we change lives, strengthen communities, stretch minds and shape history. We’re devoted to finding better ways to innovate solutions for a healthier planet, improving the quality of life worldwide, driving business value, discovering answers for complex issues, and to learn and grow. What we do matters and that inspires us each and every day. We are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
About the team
From communicating a new three-year strategy for BMW, to launching TSB as a challenger brand on the high street and engaging SAP’s C-suite clients with new technical innovations, we build long-lasting, collaborative client relationships, working across every major sector with iconic names to create unforgettable brand experiences. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work on maintaining and growing some of our key accounts across multiple sectors.
The Project Director is responsible to the Partner – Connected Experiences for their overall individual performance.
About the role
- Delivering and managing first class event-based projects (virtual, hybrid and in-person) on time and within budget to the ICF Next Brilliant Basics standard – this will include some of the most complex and high-profile event projects in the business
- Using your technical production and logistics knowledge to produce events of all scales and types (including conferences, studio broadcasts, virtual events, roadshows, experiential campaigns, product launches, and award ceremonies)
- You’ll feed briefs into the wider agency and lead the response, and, subject to the project, continue to lead and oversee the project during its lifecycle whilst working with some of the best creatives in the business
- You’ll demonstrate excellent stakeholder management with the ability to build and grow strong, effective client relationships, gain repeat business and develop new opportunities
- You’ll expertly scope projects and monitor their progress during the project lifecycle
- You’ll show an understanding of business and commercial targets, including identifying opportunities to maximise the commercial value of delegated projects
- You’ll demonstrate a clear, sophisticated understanding of client organisations/sectors and how to work with them
- You’ll work across different audiences from B2B, B2C and employees (internal)
- Acting as a respected team leader that coaches and mentors your team to ensure every project is delivered to the ‘ICF Next Standard’
- You’ll effectively plan resource across team projects
- Ensuring that ICF Next’s industry-leading sustainability certifications run through the veins of all projects from the off.
- You will need a minimum of 5 years' agency experience and 2 years at Project Director level delivering impactful results in event projects (virtual, hybrid and in-person) and developing good client relationships as part of a wider team
- You can expertly deliver projects on time, to budget and to the highest standards
- You have acute technical production and logistics knowledge and have produced complex, live communication events (virtual, hybrid and in-person) of all scales and types end to end
- You have excellent commercial acumen, know what’s going on in the industry and what the competition are doing
- You have the ability to lead and motivate a team with drive, positivity and professionalism and have a track record of inspiring them to deliver and exceed performance targets
- You are great at building presentations and have the ability to write an amazing brief
- You demonstrate the creativity and flexibility to manage several clients or projects at once, solving unexpected problems and making effective decisions under pressure
- You are a self-motivated team player, with a passionate approach to work and the drive to achieve
- You have an engaging and confident personality, with high levels of emotional resilience; you lead by example at all times, responding positively and quickly to change and pace, whilst keeping a cool head under pressure
- You are passionate about your work and above all, you’re ambitious and committed
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
The benefits of joining ICF:
Our people at ICF are our most important asset, so we invest in them from the moment they arrive. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well.
We offer a hybrid working policy, which will provide you with the flexibility to collaborate in the office, as well as in the comfort of your own home, ensuring you are able to successfully deliver the requirements of your role.
To support you, our employee wellbeing hub is designed to provide highly personalised support across a comprehensive range of wellbeing issues, such as mind, body, finances, community, career programs and HR support.
We enjoy celebrating success, which is why we have a competitive recognition program called ‘You Matter’, which awards points as a ‘thank you’ for your work achievements. These can be spent on a large variety of high-quality items, as well as online or high-street vouchers, all with zero tax payable by the employee.
ICF also offers a range of competitive benefits, which include:
- Single Private Medical Insurance cover with no restrictions on existing conditions.
- Dental insurance and an online GP service.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays (annual leave increases with years of service).
- Pension scheme with 5% of salary employer contribution
- Life assurance paying 4x annual salary and Group Income Protection paying 66% of salary for up to 5 years if you are off work on long-term sick.
- Enhanced parental leave policies, enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
London, United Kingdom (GB75)