Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is seeking candidates for the role of Project Director for an anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID) global nutrition research in health systems project. The position will be based in Rockville, MD but may involve frequent international travel.
The Project Director will have both technical and administrative responsibilities. Technical responsibilities include the ability to generally understand the range of the project’s technical activities, the performance of senior and mid-level staff overseeing those activities, and the ability to assess technical performance of the project and staff. Administrative responsibilities include routine liaising with the client, management of staff, overseeing of project budgets, and overall planning and management of the project.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for the project, working with the client and a range of stakeholders, such as ministries of health, in-country implementing partners, and global experts
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the client on activity planning and implementation, negotiating budgets, and ensuring compliance with contract
- Facilitate the development of efficient systems for program performance; refine and document processes to ensure disciplined, measurable results against program targets
- Manage project partnership relationships and technical and administrative staff
- Mentor a talented team of professionals to ensure a common technical vision for the project that aligns with USAID strategic priorities
- Represent the project at outside meetings, conferences, and other events
- Advanced degree in nutrition, public health, health systems, international development, or related degree
- 10+ years of experience working on international projects related to global health
- 5+ years of experience as Chief of Party or Director for large, complex donor-funded international development programs, preferably with USAID
- 10+ years of demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners on collaborative projects
- 10+ years of demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country governments and international organizations (including senior government officials), and U.S. Government agencies
- Proven success as a people leader, including experience managing large projects with many staff members and activities in multiple countries
- Demonstrated ability to foster partnership with multiple internal and external partners, subject matter experts, and vendors to help plan work, develop capacity, and ensure timely and effective project delivery
- Experience engaging effectively with multilateral and bilateral organizations
- Familiarity with evidence generation and translation of evidence learning into practice
- Experience with USAID project management, agency policies, and regulations
- Strong understanding of nutrition and health research, including fluency with the U.S. Government Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Strategy 2014–2025
- Experience working in low- and middle-income countries
- Advanced communication, writing, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in teams and with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Fluency in spoken and written French or another language
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 25% internationally and other travel as needed (temporarily remote work, post-COVID travel in line with public health guidelines)
- Authorization to work in the United States
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity) Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$166,964.00 - $283,839.00
Rockville, MD (MD18)