Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Coordinator, Communications & Web Content – Housing and Community Development (REMOTE ROLE)
At ICF we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients, and committed to improving the lives of others. If you’re seeking to work for a mission-driven company and to challenge yourself professionally, join our inclusive community of communicators, creatives, strategists, and technologists who challenge the status quo every day. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
We are seeking a Project Coordinator to support communications, marketing, and content development for the HUD Exchange, an award-winning U.S. Department of Housing Urban Development (HUD) digital platform. The mission of the HUD Exchange is to build the knowledge and capacity of the HUD’s nonprofit and government grantees—so they can implement successful housing, community development, and natural disaster recovery programs. The HUD Exchange provides a single access point where HUD grantees and the public can find program best practices, take training, use interactive tools, make a technical assistance request, ask questions, and much more.
The HUD Exchange is the recipient of a Center for Digital Government Project Experience Award which celebrates digital work from organizations that have radically improved how constituents experience government and push the boundaries of how services are delivered. View the HUD Exchange at https://www.hudexchange.info.
If you have a background in communications, journalism, or related fields, we want you to apply. If you also have an interest in public policy, community development, or affordable housing, even better.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of HUD subject matter experts, content managers, software engineers, designers, customer experience specialists, and data analysts, encouraging open communication and advocating for shared outcomes
- Draft and edit copy for a variety of digital platforms (including web pages, products/tools, listserv messages, and social media), with an emphasis on clarity, readability, and effectiveness
- Support communications and marketing strategy development and execution for HUD Exchange products and other offerings
- Collaborate with design team to develop well-designed content that combines well written engaging copy with attractive design through use of infographics, images, videos, templates, etc.
- Collaborate with analytics team to incorporate the use of analytics in making content decisions, track success, and inform marketing strategies
- Maintain the writing style guide and work with team members to ensure compliance and delivery of written content that is consistent and user friendly
- Support website content management including: posting resources, FAQs, reports, and other information using a Content Management System (CMS), designing/coding web pages (HTML), and data review/analysis
- Develop knowledge of HUD’s programs, systems, and grantees to inform content strategies and decisions
- Support content quality efforts through copy reviews, usability testing, and other strategies
- Research and coordinate technical team to troubleshoot and resolve bugs/issues
- Provide general project support (note taking, budget tracking, monthly reporting, invoicing, data analysis)
- Respond to client inquiries with a customer service-focused attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Policy, Urban Planning, or other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Master’s Degree and 1 years of relevant professional experience will be considered
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience with developing and curating website content, content management systems (CMS), email marketing platforms, and social media sites (e.g., YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, MailChimp)
- Ability to tailor communications for the web and to people with varying levels of technical understanding
- Excellent writing, copyediting, and QA/QC skills
- Ability to coordinate delivery on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Creative, self-motivated problem solver who can resolve project roadblocks and troubleshoot issues in a time sensitive environment
- Outstanding customer service including being able to remain cool under pressure and possessing a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Technology savvy individual who is eager to learn about web applications and software, basic coding, and the technical details of software development
- Experience in the application of race equity, diversity, and inclusion and social justice strategies in communication
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Applications (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat) and media development tools (e.g., Canva, Videoscribe)
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience making web content 508 compliant and accessible
- Experience in usability testing/UI/UX
About ICF’s Housing and Community Development PracticeThe Housing and Community Development Practice (HCD) provides services to strengthen communities and the institutions that work to provide affordable housing, prevent homelessness, recover from natural disasters, and promote financial literacy. HCD does this through training and technical assistance, data analysis, monitoring, planning, and program implementation services.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)