Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Program Support Specialist (Washington DC/Onsite)
Program Analyst – Washington DC (Onsite Position)
About ICF’s Transportation Practice
ICF’s Transportation Practice addresses complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for federal, state, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Transportation Research Board, state transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations, as well as local governments. We specialize in evaluating the impacts of infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies, developing guidebooks, and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
ICF has an opening for a Program Analyst to provide full-time support to the US Department of Transportation. The individual chosen for this position will provide budget, meeting, web, and program support; prepare materials for, attend, coordinate, and facilitate client meetings; manage content on client websites and SharePoint sites; and assist with project management tasks. This position is onsite at the Federal Highway Administration office at the Department of Transportation Headquarters in the Washington DC area, with the option to telework twice a week with the client’s approval.
Qualifications at a glance:
- Required use of SharePoint
- Technical support in the collection, analysis, and reporting of data, along with data-driven visuals (data visualization)
- Prior Government entity experience (preferable)
- Prior experience as a Program Support Specialist, Program Analyst, Technical/Data Analyst, Program Management Specialist, or related experience.
- Additional qualifications and personality traits for the Program Analyst position: A go getter, politically savvy, strong with SharePoint, proficient with Power BI and MS Excel, Tableau and Data Visualization.
This position will support a variety of general program/administrative management and technical support duties, including, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Track project/program finance and schedule, including planned and actual commitments, milestones, obligations, and expenditures
- Provide technical support and guidance in collecting, analyzing, reporting, and visualizing various data via Microsoft Power BI or Microsoft Excel.
- Organize, develop, and maintain content such as SharePoint webpages, page sections, and archived files for office-wide program-level SharePoint/MS Teams sites.
- Coordinate periodic reviews with program/project managers on program status, project progression, potential problems, and desired solutions
- Provide planning, technical, and facilitation support for virtual and onsite meetings, workshops, webinars, and other events
- Coordinate event scheduling and travel logistics, preparing expense and reimbursement reports.
- Create high-level internal and external correspondence, reports, and other outreach materials (e.g., PowerPoint presentations, briefs) using input from several authors for internal and external audiences.
- Prepare web-ready documents for publication and distribute information through traditional mailing lists or government-certified electronic media.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant professional experience
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience developing executive-level reports, minutes, memos, briefs, and correspondence
- Demonstrated experience with program/project management tools, travel processing systems, and financial reporting
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple work streams, multi-task, and work well under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience planning and supporting virtual and onsite meetings, including operating web conferencing systems (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Adobe Connect, Zoom, WebEx)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Teams/SharePoint for file sharing, communication, and virtual meeting facilitation
- Proficiency in computer skills, including in Microsoft applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong interpersonal skills and a “customer service” mentality with the ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively with other team members
- Experience providing technical/program analysis and support for the civilian agency or government
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or creating visual dashboards via Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to pass an ICF background check
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Entry-on-Duty (EOD) suitability determination to start
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)