Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Program Specialist, Technology Solutions
ICF is seeking a Program Specialist to support the development of strategic work products for our health informatics clients within the International Health and Development line of business.
The program specialist will provide program and monitoring support to the International Technology Solutions team responsible for the Data Exchange and Interoperability portfolio under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program. This position is in ICF’s Rockville office.
- Support the analysis and utilization of programmatic data to assess and improve program quality and project performance
- Maintain central project tracker for deliverables, milestones and action items, within assigned responsibilities
- Liaise with globally dispersed teams to facilitate progress on project milestones and client deliverables
- Organize and manage online projects resource repositories using tools such as GitHub, WiKi, GoogleDocs, Slack, Jira, Confluence, ZenDesk, Office365
- Maintain confidential project documentation in the correct location
- Assist with internal and external meeting management tasks such as logistics, notetaking, and material preparation
- Independently take meeting notes on technical project calls with action items and task assignments for distribution
- Perform data collection via computer research, literature reviews and background search in support of project activities
- Assist with data, document, report and presentation preparation
- Prepare draft sections of deliverables such as project quarterly reports, technical presentations, and client write-ups
- Perform quality assurance checks on client deliverables including data, reports, and presentations
- Support business proposal development activities as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, international studies, health Informatics, computer science
- At least 5 years’ experience as a program assistant, project coordinator. or office administrator
- Expert skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and Skype
- Expert skills in creating Microsoft PowerPoint presentations as well as creating professional looking client deliverables
- Excellent English written and verbal skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, international studies, health Informatics, computer science
- Interest in international development objectives
- French language proficiency or other languages
- Ability to work with staff across multiple stakeholder organizations
- Superior verbal and interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative and collaborative attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, detailed information, and competing priorities with a high degree of accuracy and conformance to deadlines
- Develop innovative ways to learn quickly and incorporate public health knowledge in a rapid-paced, highly matrixed work environment
- Proactive in researching unfamiliar terms and finding solutions to task as assigned
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)