Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Program Specialist, Health
ICF is a full-service consulting firm leveraging our expertise across many fields. We blend creative thinking with technical skills to help clients build brands, devise business strategies, implement responsive technologies, and create user experiences. We push the marketing and digital world forward, using technology and creativity to achieve life’s most important mission—connecting people.
We’re looking for talented people ready to fulfill their potential. If you’re a high-energy, creative, strategic thinker who is passionate about health marketing and enjoys working with a diverse group of colleagues developing innovative resources to tackle some of society’s greatest challenges, we want you as part of our team.
Our award-winning agency is growing and in search of a Program Specialist to support our federal health communications work. This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities for growth and the chance to work in a dynamic and collaborative organization. Occasional domestic travel may be required.
The successful candidate must demonstrate knowledge and expertise managing multiple competing projects and priorities.
What you will be doing:
- Ensures tasks and projects meet internal and external deadlines.
- Provides marketing and analytics support to track and measure the performance of efforts and initiatives.
- Work with staff to coordinate program evaluation activities and projects.
- Plan and carry out special studies and analyses of past activities and projects.
- Utilize technical knowledge to assist in conducting evaluations of projects.
- Work with business intelligence databases to track the commercial progress for marketing and promotion.
- Collect data, maintain, and organize data collection process and storage systems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders, researchers, and applicants.
- Investigate potential data sources for use to follow-up with the long-term outcomes of projects.
- Assist in the management and day to day maintenance of a database.
- Communicate with applicants to resolve concerns or respond to inquiries.
- Work with staff to exchange information and maintain current knowledge of the field of program evaluation and monitoring.
- Participate in related meetings; gather and prepare relevant materials for distribution; schedule meetings; prepare relevant background materials.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, economics, or a closely related quantitative field.
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Experience analyzing and tracking technology from small business biotechnology companies.
- Familiarity with NIH funding, knowledge of SBIR/STTR funding a plus.
- Experience with statistical program, R.
- Experience extracting data from non-structured datasets, especially through text mining.
- Knowledge of SQL database management systems.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
Job Location(s): The role will work onsite at our client office in Rockville, MD on infrequent occasions. When not onsite at client Rockville, MD location, employee will be able to work remote.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)