Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Program Manager, Energy Efficiency and Demand-Side Management Programs
Program Manager, Energy Efficiency (EE) and Demand Side Management (DSM) Programs
Ready to make a difference?
Come join our team as a Program Manager supporting clean energy programs and under-served communities in Michigan. You will build and manage relationships with manufacturers, retailers, trades, and key community stakeholders aligned with energy efficiency products and services. You’ll mentor junior team members and design/implement program strategies and plans. Working closely with the client and our nation-wide implementation team, you’ll focus on bringing energy efficiency and bill savings to all customers including under-served communities, providing safer, more energy efficient homes, and ensuring energy grid stability in the greater Detroit area. Are you an experienced Program Manager with a track record of successful project execution, budget management, and exceeding goals? Do you possess strong communication skills, enjoy interacting with clients and community stakeholders, and have experience with or working knowledge of Energy Efficiency programs? Do you enjoy leading a team of highly skilled, multi-disciplinary, and passionate team members, collaborating with national subject matter experts, and bringing it all together to deliver results for your clients? If so, then you have found the perfect job. Apply today!
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Full health benefits, including: Flex spending, Retirement savings, Stock Purchase plan, Work-Life benefits, Professional development and Education benefits
- Professional development opportunities, including training and educational assistance
- Employee discount programs
- Flexible workplace arrangements
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build industry relationships, provide insights to ensure that programs run efficiently and effectively and constantly respond to changing market conditions
- Identify promotional opportunities, including the identification and analysis of appropriate energy efficiency products, services, and marketing
- Act as a liaison with manufacturers, distributors, and trades to stay apprised of the industry, understand trends and projections, and provide direction and insights to program teams
- Collaborate with regional and national teams to provide national cohesiveness and bring efficiencies & best practices to your client’s programs
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to program plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Manage and coordinate cross-functional teams, program costs and budgets, and monthly performance forecasting
- Assist technical and analytics teams to provide guidance and judgement on energy savings calculations, best practices, and ensure QA/QC standards for the program are met
What You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience developing, designing, or administering successful energy efficiency or demand response programs; or experience managing consulting projects for utilities, state energy offices, state/local governments, and/or regional non-profits
- Demonstrated success managing complex cross-functional teams to achieve high levels of production, meet tight deadlines, and deliver compliant quality work products
What We’d Prefer You Have:
- Expertise in single family, multifamily or C&I sectors
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Working knowledge of demand side management (DSM) programs
- Expertise in business management, building construction, energy resources, or energy policy
- Industry certifications including, but not limited to: BPI, PMP, CEM
- Professional affiliations including, but not limited to: AESP, MEECA, MEEA, ACEEE, ASHRAE, or AEE
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Detroit, MI (MI05)