Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Program Manager, Energy
ICF seeks a project manager, to support the fast-growing portfolio of Energy Efficiency Programs in the Washington, DC Metro Area. Working closely with the portfolio lead, this person will act as deputy and be responsible for monitoring and supporting the successful delivery of operations across multiple functional areas, including internal operations, client support, and project performance.
This position will need to effectively interface with staff and clients, locally, in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
- Assist with the management of utility project performance including financial management, contract deliverables, strategic planning, quality assurance, and operational efficiencies.
- Internal staff coordination of project including, but not limited to, internal portfolio reviews, and working with internal program leads to ensure minimum targets are met.
- Collaboration with a multi-functional project team comprised of technical and marketing specialists (including ICF internal staff and subcontractors) to ensure timely and professional completion of all tasks and achieve specific program goals and objectives.
- Monitor regulated performance metrics and work with project managers and regional support staff on any necessary adjustments to filed utility plans.
- Coordinate and oversee continuous improvement efforts to maximize the client experience and reduce operating costs.
- Review and edit deliverables to client including, but not limited to, monthly progress reports, quarterly presentations, and semi-annual regulatory reports.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience working as a project manager in a consulting environment or with utility demand side management programs.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Experience leading and building teams as well as mentoring and motivating employees.
- Master’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Experience in the field of Energy Efficiency or related markets.
- Experience in the field of operations or continuous improvement. (PMP, Six Sigma certifications encouraged).
- Familiarity with residential, commercial, or industrial market and related energy efficient and/or renewable technologies.
- Experience using project management tools (Teams, SharePoint, Planner, Gantt Charts, and MS Project).
- Experience in financial management and/or forecasting.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to take direction and work independently towards final results.
- Attention to detail and thorough in completing work and tasks.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Conflict Management skills to resolve challenges in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative impact.
- Partnering and collaboration skills to develop networks, build alliances, engage in cross‐functional activities and find common ground with stakeholders.
- Sound business ethics/integrity and a commitment to corporate responsibility.
- Critical thinking; using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions and approaches to problems. Stability; the capacity to handle stress, maintain an even temperament and demonstrate confidence
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)