Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Program Manager – CDBG-MIT – United States Virgin Islands (USVI)
Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane survivors and communities recover and rebuild for future resilience.
ICF's Disaster Management division is seeking a Program Manager who will lead the Program Management team for HUD funded Community Development Block Grant- Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) activities and projects in the USVI. The person selected for this role will lead large-scale and resilient mitigation programs in areas impacted by natural disasters. The successful candidate will be charged with the flawless execution of programs, anticipating and meeting client’s needs and strategically positioning the company’s resources and expertise to grow the business. The Program Manager will work onsite with ICF senior and junior staff and subcontractors to deliver program management support to local governments and nonprofit organizations (subrecipients) across the Territory.
The ideal candidate will be a proven Program Manager with a track record of superior execution and growth and will be responsible for ensuring that programs are positioned to optimize disaster recovery and/or mitigation grant resource allocation, build strong solutions to impacted areas, and provide strong risk management. This position represents an exceptional opportunity to join an expert team to facilitate change and help make a lasting difference.
- Lead the development, coordination, and operation of various large, complex CDBG-MIT funded programs
- Serve as the direct interface with public client agencies, including high-level elected and appointed officials, as well as senior program staff and other program vendors
- Lead coordination and control over execution of all program activities, schedule, budget, and scope
- Lead all necessary high profile, program-wide public presentations and meetings, subrecipient meetings, and government or non-government stakeholder meetings
- Lead, coordinate, and evaluate performance of all project staff
- Monitor program performance status and establish necessary tools for control over programs results
- Maintain a complete understanding of all applicable program policies, requirements, procedures, and guidelines
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for CDBG-DR/MIT and similar programs/projects
- Ensure all program participants, including subrecipients, vendors, and stakeholders are aware of any policy changes
- Manage multiple subcontractors simultaneously
- Serve as the key project interface with ICF leadership, delivering updates on milestones/challenges, and using data-driven reporting and analysis to inform decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Planning, Engineering, Architecture, Program Management, or similar degree
- 8+ years of program management experience including program start-up through implementation and closeout
- Experience with or understanding of HUD funded program
- Experience with or understanding of FEMA recovery and mitigation programs
- Demonstrated success managing complex cross-functional teams to achieve high levels of production, meet tight deadlines, and deliver compliant, quality work products.
- Willingness to work in and travel across the USVI as necessary
- Demonstrated success in program execution, client relationships, and profitability
- Proven track record of leading a team and accomplishing successful business results
- Experience with state, territorial, and/or local governments and the types of initiatives to help them rebuild their economy and culture following significant disruptions, such as natural disasters
- Demonstrated ability to internally monitor all program and project activities to ensure quality control and quality assurance and be prepared for Federal audits of program activities
- Familiarity with emergency planning, mitigation planning, and using grants management systems
- Ability to formulate strategies to create new, creative approaches and profitable solutions
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills, and integrity and ethics
- Team player with the ability to build organizational capability, motivate teaming partners/staff to ensure high levels of engagement, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management Software)
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
US Virgin Islands Remote Office (VI99)