Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Program Manager and Business Development Leader
Program Manager and Business Development Leader
We are the Environment & Planning Division of ICF. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
You will focus on expanding ICFs position with clients and in sectors where we have the potential to grow our business, particularly in southern California. You will work across sectors, including energy and transportation and will report directly to either the Southern California Line of Business (LOB) leader or Group Business Development leader. Although your focus will initially be within southern California, the expectation is that you will collaborate across geographies and across divisions as needed to meet company business development and program management goals. The position is client focused requiring an eagerness to build close relationships with key clients and becoming their trusted consultant. You will be excited to represent ICF within the industry and business community and will need to develop a high level of understanding of overall capabilities and initiatives across the company.
What you Will Do
- Drive business development, particularly within the energy sector, and work with Business Development Leaders on setting strategic direction and priorities for long‐term success
- Coordinate with other business development leaders to identify and drive opportunities where additional support is needed across the broader organization
- Work with other BD Leaders to reinforce a BD and sales culture that emphasizes accountability for the size and health of the pipeline and bookings achieved
- Understand and monitor markets, ICF’s reputation and customer relationships in markets/services, and the gaps in our capabilities and service offerings that affect our ability to serve these markets
- Develop and implement effective procedures to support business development activities in multiple locations from initial planning through proposal, evaluation, and award
- Drive capture campaigns for high priority opportunities
- Leverage expertise/qualifications to build brand and expand relationships through holding leadership roles at conferences, events, and industry organizations; improving thought-leadership through publications, social media, and webinars; and coordinating with peer business development leaders to maximize ICF’s brand
- Model and reinforce the “One ICF” ethic; actively identify and support pursuit of LOB‐wide opportunities
- Build commitment around business sector/service, inspiring others to act and generating enthusiasm for reaching shared goals.
- Ensure that sector and service information flows to others and use a range of approaches/vehicles to inform, influence, and gain the support of others
- Serve as point of contact to other ICF business development leaders across the company to cross‐sell work to our clients.
- Lead/assist in senior client connections and sector/service project‐portfolio performance, including profitability, deliverable quality, and client satisfaction
- Provide program and project management and technical leadership on projects and ensure quality project delivery
- Work with LOB Leaders, Team Leaders, and the HR Recruiting Team to identify key hires, build relationships, and assist in building a diverse recruiting pipeline.
- Mentor and supervise staff
- Model and reinforce open, constructive, and timely communication.
- Effectively communicate with Division leadership, BD Leaders, and senior staff regarding strategic direction and initiatives, as well as performance related to the Strategic Plan and LOB Action Plans
- Communicate challenges or issues quickly to LOB/Division leadership
What You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in urban planning, transportation/transit planning, environmental studies, or related field. (Master’s Degree in a related field desirable).
- 15+ years of related professional work experience.
- 10+ years of experience preparing and managing high-quality CEQA and NEPA documents for federal, state and local government agencies; and/or experience preparing and managing high quality CEQA documents for private sector clients and engineering firms.
- This role requires technical knowledge, in‐depth market understanding, business development expertise and acumen, team‐building skills, leadership and people management skills, client understanding, and financial acumen. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a successful track record in managing large client programs and in pursuing and winning work.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$111,257.00 - $189,137.00
Los Angeles, CA (CA80)