Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Our team is growing and we are seeking a Program Manager who will lead the Program Management team for federally-funded disaster recovery efforts in Puerto Rico and/or other locations across the United States. The person selected for this role will lead large-scale and resilient disaster recovery and/or mitigation programs in areas impacted by natural disasters. The successful candidate will be charged with the flawless execution of programs, anticipating and meeting client’s needs and strategically positioning the company’s resources and expertise to grow the business. The Program Manager will work onsite with ICF senior and junior staff and subcontractors to deliver program management support to local governments and nonprofit organizations (subrecipients) in selected locations.
The ideal candidate will be a proven Program Manager with a track record of superior execution and growth and will be responsible for ensuring that programs are positioned to optimize disaster grant resource allocation, build strong solutions to impacted areas, and provide strong risk management. This position represents an exceptional opportunity to join an expert team to facilitate change and help make a lasting difference.
Locations could include Puerto Rico, Florida, New York, New Jersey, Texas, South Carolina and Louisiana.
• Lead the development, coordination, and operation of various large, complex federally-funded programs
• Serve as the direct interface with state/local client agencies, including high-level elected and appointed officials, as well as senior program staff.
• Lead coordination and control over execution of all program’s activities, schedule, budget and scope.
• Lead all necessary high profile, program-wide public presentations and meetings, subrecipient meetings and government or non-government stakeholders’ meetings
• Lead, coordinate and evaluate performance of all project staff
• Monitor program performance status and establish necessary tools for control over programs results
• Maintain a complete understanding of all applicable program policies, requirements, procedures, guidelines; and shall possess knowledge of regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for CDBG-DR/MIT, FEMA PA/HMGP/BRIC and/or similar programs/projects.
• Ensure all program participants, including subrecipients, vendors, and stakeholders are aware of any policy changes
• Manage multiple subcontractors simultaneously.• Serve as the key project interface with ICF leadership, delivering updates on milestones/challenges, and using data-driven reporting and analysis to inform decisions
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of overall program management experience
• 5+ years project management experience with federally-funded projects and managing the full project lifecycle (start-up, implementation and closeout)
• Experience with, or understanding of, federally-funded disaster recovery programs and regulations
• Demonstrated success managing complex cross-functional teams to achieve high levels of production, meet tight deadlines, and deliver compliant, quality work products.• Willingness to deploy or extensively travel as necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree on higher education in Planning, Engineering, Architecture, Program Management, or similar degree
• Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Demonstrated success in program execution, client relationships, and profitability
• Proven track record of leading a team and accomplishing successful business results
• Experience with state and local governments, and the types of initiatives necessary to help them rebuild their economy and culture following significant disruptions, such as natural disasters
• Demonstrated ability to internally monitor all program and project activities to ensure quality control and quality assurance and be prepared for Federal audits of program activities
• Familiarity with emergency planning, mitigation planning and using grants management systems• Ability to formulate strategies to create new, creative approaches and profitable solutions
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish fluency or literacy preferred
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills, and integrity and ethics
• Team player with the demonstrated ability to build organizational capability, motivate teaming partners/staff to ensure high levels of engagement, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management Software)
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Puerto Rico Client Office (PR88)