Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
The Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) Program in the International Survey Research and Evaluation Line of Business is looking for a Program Coordinator/Administrative Assistant to assist in the operations of its international survey projects. This 70+ person Program provides technical assistance to low and middle income countries to implement multipurpose surveys and build capacity in the use and analysis of the data collected. This full-time position is located at our Metro-accessible Rockville office.
This person should be a self-starter, proactive, and self-motivated professional who is timely and efficient in the accomplishment of multiple and varied tasks. The position requires excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the coordination of numerous simultaneous assignments with varying deadlines. In addition, the person must be comfortable with technology and have the capacity to effectively use Web-based systems including SharePoint.
- General administrative assistance for staff: Photocopying and scanning documents, ordering supplies, managing group telephone and e-mail lists; archiving of project documents; maintaining staff calendar, and completing other administrative tasks as assigned
- Coordinating staff travel: Facilitating travel arrangements for staff, consultants and workshop participants, including preparing business letters, coordination of itineraries, insurance, visas, and billing.
- Managing online travel permissions
- Managing DHS publications, including mailing and warehousing, posting to the DHS website, and managing web requests
- Processing web orders, invoices, solve invoice issues, charged wrongly by unknown shipper.
- Making meeting arrangements: Helping to coordinating internal and external meetings including venue booking, setting-up conference calls and video/audio-conferences, and arranging catering, and processing vendor payments.
- Subcontracting, billing and payment support: Processing subcontractor paperwork and purchase orders, tracking payments
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Must know how to develop and manage simple databases.
- Document formatting including tables and charts
- Facility with technology, e.g.; setting up audio/visual equipment and comfortable with technologies that facilitate virtual meetings and communication (e.g. Teams, SharePoint)
- Familiarity with billing reconciliations and processing of vendor payments
- International experience
- French and/or Spanish
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Experience working independently and with a geographically diverse team
- Possess strong problem solving skills and be able to respond effectively to changing priorities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)