Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Product Manager/Senior Associate - Clean Energy (U.S Remote)
ICF is now seeking a qualified Product Manager/Senior Associate to lead and manage the development and delivery of renewable energy software!
ICF’s broader Energy Advisory practice provides comprehensive energy industry advisory services supporting strategic investments, policy analysis, system planning and procurement, siting and interconnection strategy, market analysis, independent engineering, portfolio management and asset cash flow outlook, regulatory support, and customer engagement.
We work collaboratively across several practices across ICF, including Utility Programs and Services, Climate Planning, Environmental Permitting and Planning, and Transportation and Sustainability.
This may be a role for you…
With the passage of Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), the momentum and scale around renewable energy development is rapidly increasing. But so are the complexities and dynamics to be considered in selecting target markets and optimal sites.
ICF is developing a platform/software tool to support clients on siting of Clean Energy projects across major U.S power markets.
Do you want to help develop a structured framework and approach to support renewable developers find the best locations for their new installations amidst the rapidly changing U.S. electricity market landscape and grid topology?
How about working with clients to identify and pursue investment strategies and opportunities across a range of potential technologies and markets? And do you want to influence decarbonization strategies for utilities and states that determine how the grid needs to evolve to enable increasing levels of renewable penetration? If so, join our team!
What would you do?
- You will be a key member of ICF’s Energy Advisory Team that is currently developing a clean energy siting product.
- This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the process of building a cutting-edge platform/software tool tailored for clean energy developers, and one that can also be leveraged by utilities and states in planning for the grid’s enablement of this rapid clean energy penetration.
- This role will provide you an opportunity to grow your skills sets across both engineering and product management.
- You will be primarily responsible for coordinating design, development, and deployment strategy of the platform. This strategy will include a structured approach to pricing, target clients, marketing, business development, and client engagement. You will also be responsible for client subscription management.
- Your role would also involve product maintenance and coordination across various consulting teams for regular data updates.
- You will work with the senior members of the team and support product differentiation and growth strategy.
- Provide marketing support to expand the product footprint and attract new clients.
- Travel up to 25% travel to client sites/conferences for business development
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Energy/Clean Energy Project Management experience
- Decarbonization strategic experience for utilities
- Master's degree or higher, preferably in computer science or electrical engineering, but will also consider other engineering degrees, systems engineering, or economics.
- 3+ years’ experience with product management or product design with a focus on Renewable Energy Products and Technologies
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in energy industry-oriented software development and client management.
- Business Development, Client Relations, and Energy Consultant experience
- Knowlege and experience with software architecture basics and translating client requirements to software improvement.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Proficiency with data analysis tools and/or programming languages, such as R, Python, VBA, Tableau, Power BI.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strong verbal and written skills to present complex engineering concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to learn new concepts related to power systems and software development to expand the functionality of the product with the development team.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$94,247.00 - $160,220.00
Reston, VA (VA30)