Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Procurement Subcontracts Specialist
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
The procurement team provides a centralised service to the business, addressing client contracts, procurement, pricing, and risk. The team is located in multiple locations across the UK, US, Belgium, and India, and supports project delivery around the world. The Procurement Subcontracts Specialist is a new role in this team and will support the existing members of the team in the UK and Belgium by covering direct subcontract services and some indirect requirements too. You will report directly to one of the Procurement and Subcontracts Managers in London, but you could equally be based out of our Birmingham or Leeds offices.
About The Role
As the Procurement Subcontracts Specialist, you will develop direct working relationships with senior leadership and key stakeholders across the company globally and be responsible for managing your own subcontractor agreements including the preparation of contractual agreements, negotiations with suppliers and carrying out the necessary due diligence. You will also be required to assist with maintaining and ensuring compliance to corporate standards and ensuring that ICF upholds exemplary standards with regards to Anti-Bribery and Corruption issues.
Ideally you should have some experience of drafting and negotiating legally-sound subcontractor agreements and other related documents, be highly organised, with a conscientious approach and an attention to detail. You will also need to demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills and have the confidence and professionalism to effectively liaise with external parties. As a team player, you will be responsive, flexible, quick to learn and able to plan, prioritize and manage workloads effectively, with increasing autonomy over time.
We will provide you with the support and training to further your personal development and provide an environment where your intellectual and practical abilities are enhanced in a positive and challenging way. We offer a comprehensive talent development programme and foster a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is also an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Managing contract negotiations and supporting the Procurement and Subcontracts Managers by:
Preparing and issuing contractual documents including subcontractor agreements, variations, NDAs and pre-bid agreements,
Carrying out the various Due Diligence processes on new and existing vendors, recording such info as required in the appropriate systems, ensure required documentation is received and correctly filled out,
Working with the internal clients and vendors in order to ensure that the contracts are agreed in line with the ICF policy and procedures,
Supporting the business raise valid requisitions and subsequently processing these to purchase orders,
Generally supporting the team with admin related tasks (e.g., assist internal personnel concerning department processes and requirements).
Previous experience of working within a Procurement Team.
Ideally previous experience of drafting and managing supplier contracts.
Ideally previous experience of contracting with and managing subcontractors.
Ideally previous experience of working in a professional services company/consultancy.
Proficiency in MS Office applications.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate should have:
Excellent attention to detail.
Sound business ethics, including protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Ability to multi-task and deal effectively with competing demands and deadlines.
Good verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to deliver information clearly and concisely to colleagues, and suppliers.
Strong organisation and decision-making capabilities.
Have a “can do” attitude.
Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
Comfortable with working within a geographically dispersed team
This is an opportunity that will allow an individual to develop their career and be part of a new exciting team to add real value to ICF Europe and Asia Group.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package including 25 days annual holidays and health benefits, an award-winning talent development programme, and fosters a highly skilled, energised and empowered workforce. ICF's website is www.icfi.com.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
The benefits of joining ICF:
- Our people at ICF, are our most important asset, so we invest in them from the moment you arrive. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well.
- ICF offer a hybrid working policy, that will offer you flexibility to collaborate in the office, as well as in the comfort of your own home, to successfully deliver the requirements of your role and the business.
- The employee wellbeing hub, which was launched in January 20022, is designed to provide highly personalised support across a comprehensive range of wellbeing issues, such as mind, body, finances, community, career programs and HR support.
- We also offer a unique and competitive recognition programme called ‘You Matter’, awarding points as a ‘thank you’ for your work achievements, which can be spent on a large variety of high-quality items, as well as online or high-street vouchers, all with zero tax payable by the employee.
- We encourage and provide continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning, development opportunities and career frameworks.
- ICF also offers a range of competitive benefits, which include, but not limited to the following:
- Single Private Medical Insurance cover (Bupa), with no restrictions on providing treatment for existing medical conditions. Options available for broader partner or family level cover, plus we also offer dental insurance (Bupa) and an online GP service.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays (annual leave increases with years of service).
- Pension scheme with 5% of salary employer contribution (minimum employee contribution 4%).
- Life assurance paying 4x annual salary and Group Income Protection paying 66% of salary for up to 5 years if you are off work on long term sick.
- Enhanced parental leave policies, enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
London Riverscape (GB75)