Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Process Automation Lead
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
ICF’s Digital Modernization Division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology department, seeking a Process Automation Lead to support upcoming needs with our federal customers.
ICF’s Engineering and Emerging Technologies (EET) team is comprised of experienced professionals with the skills required to unlock the power of governed data discovery. Our staff provides deep technical and business support for data acquisition, data analysis/data science, and interactive data visualizations. And with those skills, our team enables our clients to extract greater value from raw datasets that are varied in their composition, are growing at ever-increasing rates, and can no longer be properly supported through legacy business intelligence and data visualization platforms. At its core, EET helps our clients visualize their data in new and more informative ways than ever before by leveraging the latest in open source and commercial off-the-shelf technology stacks.
To support our growth, we’re seeking a Process Automation Lead who will work cross-functionally with our client, partnering with business operations, business analysts, and content strategists to direct, create and optimize workflow processes; lead initiatives related to designing and managing workflow automation projects, testing, and fixing bugs, and develop complex automation solutions for our clients. The individual will work within a dynamic and fast-paced environment to implement these solutions, ensuring successful communications with our client throughout the process.
We would prefer to have this candidate be east coast based, for potential quarterly meetings in the Washington DC Metro area.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be part of an established team supporting our Office of the Inspector General (OIG) client in Washington, DC. The Office of Inspector General (OIG) has been at the forefront of the Nation's efforts to fight waste, fraud and abuse and to improve the efficiency of Medicare, Medicaid, and more than 100 other Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) programs. OIG is the largest inspector general's office in the Federal Government with approximately 1,600 personnel. The majority of the agency’s resources go towards the oversight of Medicare and Medicaid — programs that represent a significant part of the Federal budget and that affect this country's most vulnerable citizens.
Our ICF work supports OIG across these areas. We develop tools that directly support OIG’s work and result in tangible results to obtain these goals.
- Lead the full software development life cycle (design, development, testing, deployment, and documentation)
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentoring
- Develop and implement solutions for complex problems as required including hands-on development as part of the team of RPA developers
- Manage the delivery of multiple simultaneous development projects from design through deployment
- Work closely with the scrum master and project manager to report and manage any technical issues and risks
- Ensure high standards of quality by implementing and enforcing adherence to best practices
- Lead the design and architecture of automation tools
- Participate in scrum ceremonies and provide feedback on user stories/acceptance criteria, story point estimates, and sprint planning
- Review team members’ development and share constructive criticism
- Learn and adopt new technologies in a short period of time as required
- Coordinate with other development teams and contractors to work on program-level initiatives, resolve issues and dependencies
- Communicate with the customer and stakeholders to provide progress status updates and propose technical solutions
- Work with team to analyze process automation requirements and design robotic process automation solutions, architecture, and logic
- Ensure successful deployment of RPA components including bots, robots, development tools, code repositories, and logging tools as well as the creation of reusable workflows and library components to reduce the development time and increase maintainability
- Develop custom reports and data visualization products as needed
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- 4 or more years progressive experience leading or managing development work, preferably in RPA
- 3 or more years’ experience developing, testing, launching and stabilizing automations using one or more RPA technologies, such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, or others.
- 3 or more years’ working in a role that shows critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
- 3 or more years’ demonstrated experience working directly with a federal client, communicating solutions
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience utilizing OCR
- Good knowledge in data analytics
- Proficient with one or more programming languages such as Java or Python
- Relevant certification in RPA tools including UiPath
- Familiarity with Agile development process
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to exercise independent judgment while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks while under pressure
- Builds and maintains relationships with users to ensure buy-in and adoption of processes and solutions
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
Technologies you’ll use:
MS Office, UIPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, OCF or Chatbot Development, Java, Python
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)