Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Lead Software Engineer (Remote)
** This role is 100% remote and can sit anywhere within the US**
ICF seeks a Principal Software Engineer to help us build modern digital health services that are used to support the Center’s for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). The project involves implementing highly interactive and modern web interfaces with Angular that will be used by healthcare providers across the country. The system is backed by Node business services implemented in a microservices paradigm. The application uses a MySQL database.
The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design to implement highly modern, usable interfaces. The project goal is to achieve better health care, improving population health and lowering cost through enhancements in care. This team is creating a centralized and comprehensive mechanism for tracking and managing the existing and portfolio of systems and to provide a state-of-the-art platform for advanced querying, reporting and analytics.
Tools you will use:
What you'll be doing:
- Be part of a dynamic, highly-independent Scrum team following the standard Scrum ceremonies in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment
- Work with the Product Owner and Scrum Master to break down requirements into technical tasks
- Take ownership of various user stories and work with the development team to manage dependencies on the QPP Program
- Collaborate with members of other teams to address integration needs and/or other interdependencies
- Assist with the release management process
- Lead/Mentor team members in any way necessary to meet team commitments
What you must have:
- Associates Degree with 7+ years of relevant experience or BS with 5+ years of experience
- 3 or more years's of experience on a dynamic, interactive Agile team developing and delivering digital services
- 3+ years experience developing front-end web user interfaces with Angular
- 1 or more years of experience building RESTful backend microservices using Node.js (ideally with typescript),as well as Test-Driven Development using automated testing frameworks such as Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Sinon, Jest, Protractor and/or Cypress
- 1 or more years of experience using CI/CD through Jenkins or similar tool
- Due to federal contract requirements, candidates must reside in the US
- Candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
What we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Computer Science
- Experience leading a technical team
- Ability to work with and coordinate with other developers using digital tools
- Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of modern design patterns and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Demonstrated experience working on Agile development projects
- Strong critical thinking, problem- solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable supporting a high- velocity team
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)