Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Principal ServiceNow Developer (Remote)
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
ICF’s IT Modernization division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven department, seeking a Principal ServiceNow Developer to support upcoming needs.
CMS Office of Information Technology would like to continue to leverage the SNOW platform to achieve greater operational efficiencies through automating manual business processes and more real-time reporting and analytics to improve staff productivity, identify opportunities for improvement and issues requiring resolution, and improve the end-user experience. Specifically, CMS would like to leverage the full ServiceNow capabilities to meet the needs of this demand. The goals for this effort are to provide the human center design-based architecture and implementation support for CMS to leverage ServiceNow to improve the end-user experience, automate business processes, enable real-time collection of data, analysis, monitoring, and reporting, and ultimately improve business operations and effectively utilize resources. Moreover, the goal is to assist CMS to capture, rationalize, consolidate, migrate, and modernize its legacy business management applications portfolio to a standardized modern platform that provides ease of integration with other CMS technology platforms; research, development, and prototype new requirements.
The qualified candidate will support ServiceNow Service Portal, ITSM, and/or HRSD development.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Technical knowledge and responsibility of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming.
- Understand the business or function for which the application is designed.
- Instructing, directing, and checking the work of other technical team members.
- Full Stack Developer Engineer who can handle all the work of databases, servers, systems engineering, and clients. responsible for front and back-end web development.
- Understands ITOM, ITSM, HRSD, CSM, and/or Service Portal.
- 3+ years of experience developing on the ServiceNow platform.
- 5+ years of IT application system experience in technology solution delivery.
- 2+ years of experience with platform customization in relevant delivery platforms
- 2+ years of experience with custom application development including Custom Service Portal widget creation. Experience with rebuilding legacy applications in ServiceNow is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience developing and customizing core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, and Service Catalog.
- 2+ years of experience leading and mentoring Junior ServiceNow team members
- 2+ years of experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- US Citizenship or Green Card Holder required (required by the federal government for this position)
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Experience building APIs through MuleSoft.
- Integration experience (SOAP, REST, and JSON as well as JDBC and file imports).
- Administration of a ServiceNow instance including the management of users, groups, and roles, CMS Development, ACLs, business rules, workflows, UI actions, UI policies, dictionary, and catalog items Orchestration and Discovery experience a plus.
- ServiceNow Developer Certification is strongly preferred.
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)