Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Principal ServiceNow Developer
ICF's digital transformation and IT modernization division is seeking a ServiceNow Principle ServiceNow Developer to join our team of experts.
At ICF, our ServiceNow Principal Developers help support the mission, business, service, and operational needs of our customers. ICF’s ServiceNow Principal Developers work on a wide variety of different programs support diverse customer mission areas. We build solutions that support citizen services - such as systems that help detect fraud, waste, and abuse across federal programs, systems that help facilitate wireless spectrum auctions, and systems that support citizen engagement with regulatory and rulemaking processes - all using the ServiceNow platform. We also support new and novel employee services across our portfolio - such as improving employee's access to HR functions, our customers business management and stakeholder engagement capabilities, as well as core service and operations management needs of business users.
ICF’s ServiceNow Principal Developers function in a number of roles to support effective customer delivery efforts. They serve as advisors to our customers and help them think through how to solve their most difficult business processes using ServiceNow-based solutions. They help define solutions and deliver functionality to customer. They handle complex development and integration tasks and help other developers on the teams learn best-practices in how to effectively build solutions using ServiceNow. They provide input on to improve delivery methodology and project artifacts. They help their teams improve technical disciplines and work with Project and Program Managers to support and mentor developers.
- Provides application software development services and technical leadership support in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
- Analyzes requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- 6+ years’ experience developing on the ServiceNow platform
- Hands-on experience with ServiceNow Virtual Agent
- Hands-on Knowledge Base implementation experience, including the various taxonomies and attributes.
- Prior end-to-end implementation of ITSM and in-depth knowledge about Product/Module.
- ServiceNow Experience should include scripting, platform configuration, design, and deployment.
- Candidates should possess the skill to develop on the ServiceNow platform including APP engine (studio), Service portal, Flow Designer/Workflow, and customization of the core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, and Service Catalog.
- Custom application development on the ServiceNow platform including Custom UI Pages and content in the CMS.
- ServiceNow Certified Systems Administration (CSA) certification
- Excellent communication skills
- US Citizenship required (required by federal government for this position)
- Integration experience (SOAP, REST, and JSON as well as JDBC and file imports)
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Administration of a ServiceNow instance including the management of users, groups, and roles, CMS Development, ACLs, business rules, workflows, UI actions, UI policies, dictionary, and catalog items Orchestration and Discovery experience a plus
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer certification is a plus
- ServiceNow Service Portal micro-certifications a plus
- Experience with rebuilding legacy applications in ServiceNow a plus.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)