Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Principal ServiceNow Business Analyst - Remote
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
ICF’s IT Modernization division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology driven department, seeking a motivated Sr. ServiceNow Business Analyst to support upcoming needs with our federal customers.
The Agile Business Analyst serves as a translator between technical teams and the client’s business community to collect, clarify, analyze and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which applications and solutions are developed. This position is within the context of an Agile team employing Scrum development framework. The Business Analyst defines detailed stories and epics, with applicable acceptance criteria in collaboration with product owners and ICF’s technology team, and facilitates meetings with client and internal technical and operational teams.
This position will be working directly with stakeholders, serve in both Business Analyst and Project Manager roles and must be able to communicate effectively via phone and web conferencing as many of stakeholders work remote.
In addition to supporting all phases of the project, this position will also be responsible for authoring content and peer reviewing a wide array of documents, including functional, technical, training as well as marketing, and proposals.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst in a fast-paced application development environment
- 3+ years recent experience working in an Agile development environment as a business analyst (i.e., Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- An understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) including recent successful and demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum) is expected
- 1+ years of experience with the ServiceNow Platform
- 3+ years of experience facilitating requirements gathering, Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, capturing client requirements and feedback
- US Citizenship required due to federal contract requirements
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of various software development cycles (e.g., Agile, Waterfall,etc.); knowledge of requirements management, configuration management methodologies, along with corresponding support tools, i.e., JIRA, etc.
- Conceptual understanding of Object-Oriented enterprise software system development processes, methodologies, as well as major technologies (such as Java and .Net) and approaches (such as modularity and SOA)
- Skilled at analyzing existing system documentation to summarize existing system functionality as it relates to the project at hand
- Good understanding of basic system technologies as they relate to the project deliverables
- Ability to maintain project plans, resourcing schedules and forecasted activities
- Experience with business process mapping and the use of project management software
- Ability to provide technical assistance and troubleshooting by effectively responding to inquiries
- Experience thriving in ambiguous software development environments
- Ability to work well under constantly changing deadlines and priorities
- Experience with ServiceNow, Appian, or similar BPM software
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)