Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Pricing Solutions Lead - Remote
As ICF continues to expand our overall commercial energy business and advance the “future of energy,” we’re looking for an experienced Pricing Solutions Lead to drive the implementation of strategic and operational pricing initiatives for our commercial energy business. In partnership with business units and regional teams, you will identify and implement pricing initiatives that deliver revenue growth and margin expansion, build pricing capabilities, and drive best practices across the organization. If you perform well in a fast-paced environment, have strong analytical skills, good interpersonal skills, and can effectively manage and prioritize multiple pricing efforts under tight deadlines, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and apply to join our team.
As the Pricing Solutions Lead, you will be responsible for managing strategic pricing projects as well as working hands-on to complete pricing exercises for critical deals. You will report to our Senior Vice President focused on pricing and other centralized services for our commercial energy business. The intent of this role is to grow a team of pricing specialists to support the Pricing Solutions Lead. As such, the requirements for this position fall into two main categories:
Strategic Pricing, Pricing Intelligence, and Team Building:
- Develop pricing strategies (e.g., price to win, discounting), craft pricing guidance, and present pricing strategies and guidance to senior leadership and capture/proposal teams.
- Increase standardization of pricing across core programs and for cross-functional services, including developing and delivering on-going training related to pricing basics and best practices.
- Recruit a team of pricing specialists assigned to specific proposal, capture, and operational efforts.
- Establish and lead a data-driven process to continuously improve current pricing model(s).
- Review, analyze, and compile pricing data leveraging best practices and information gathered from debriefs, clients, and other sources.
- Benchmark standard program cost vs. competitor and market price expectations for bids.
- Comply with and enforce company’s rules around business sensitive/proprietary information and limit exposure of pricing models and any sensitive data contained therein to need-to-know staff, as appropriate.
Pricing Support for Large, Strategic Deals:
- Prepare timely and accurate pricing proposals that meet the business’s financial metrics and contribute to the business’s goals.
- Provide cash flow analysis and coordinate review/approval with Treasury as needed.
- Prepare pricing approval decks. Organize and participate in pricing approval meetings with senior leadership.
- Document pricing assumptions. Maintain, store, and publish complete pricing proposal files at submission, during BAFO, and in support of the final contract.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Contracts, Subcontracts, Accounting, HR, etc., on specific proposals and business processes to ensure all deals align with corporate strategies and guidance.
As the Pricing Solutions Lead, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field.
- 8+ years of experience in finance, revenue operations, deal desk, or pricing. Strong preference given to candidates with a focus on the utility business and associated unique aspects of pricing as well as experience pricing professional services.
- Solid understanding of the proposal pricing process in a consulting environment and experience with all aspects of price and cost proposal preparation, including business risks, pricing strategies, compliance and estimating practices for commercial clients.
- A strong understanding of discount and payment strategies to improve competitiveness.
- Experience with pricing various contract types across various contract vehicles, including knowledge of different pricing and contract structures such as time and materials, firm fixed price, retainers, performance-based contracts, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills; ability to work effectively with internal colleagues, teaming partners, and senior leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally, with various levels of leadership (including C-Suite); strong presentation skills (including use of PowerPoint) a big plus.
- Strong analytical skills, accustomed to working with and interpreting numerical data, and strong attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)