Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Power Markets Manager
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 9,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
ICF has been at the forefront of power systems modelling for many decades. ICF has proprietary modelling tools that are used by Governments, regulators, developers and investors around the World. For example - ICF’s IPM® is a market-leading tool (IPM) that has enabled the US Government (e.g. EPA, NRDC, NREL and others) to take major policy decisions over the last many years. In South Asia, ICF has been supporting clients in taking investment and policy decisions using its proprietary models and analytical tools. India is a key geography for ICF, and our in-country presence is nearing 2 decades.
In India, ICF has worked on important assignments for the Government to help them take key policy decisions in the energy sector (e.g. wholesale power market design, coal transport policy, gas pricing and infrastructure, RE PPAs etc.). ICF’s aim is to support Indian energy markets to transition towards a more market driven and robust ecosystem that supports increased private investment and delivers long term security of supply. ICF applies its developed market experience to bring best practices into India. We regularly engage our international experts on Indian assignments and this is highly valued by all our clients. Our clients in India include Government & regulators, bilateral and multilateral development institutions and private sector.
To expand our footprint, we are looking for an individual who is passionate about power markets and has the ability to develop and use cutting-edge modelling tools to support our consulting work. The individual will have dual responsibility – (a) to lead modelling work for ICF in South Asia across all client categories (Govt, pvt. sector and DFIs) and (b) to anchor ICF’s relationship with key development Institutions’ local posts in India (e.g. World Bank, ADB, FCDO, GIZ, USAID etc.) on power markets related work.
This individual will lead and mentor a team of bright analysts and researchers to deliver projects and also support key business development activities. The position is based in New Delhi to allow close interaction with the development institutions and Government stakeholders.
1) Project Delivery:
- Anchor and lead all power market assignments including power system modelling for ICF in South Asia
- Quickly learn to use ICF’s proprietary power system modelling tools and use for client projects
- Anchor and lead regulatory and market reform assignments funded by Development Institutions
- Carry out deep analytical work and deliver outstanding output to Clients
2) Team management
- Work with analysts and associates to deliver projects to high degree of client satisfaction
- Mentor and manage a small team of analysts
3) Business Development
- Generate concept notes, leads with Development Institutions on market reforms needed in the Indian power sector to modernize it and make it greener
- Lead preparation of proposals on bids/ tenders published by Development Institutions
- Build relationships with senior client stakeholders (Government, Development Institutions)
- Participate in industry events (conferences etc.) and present papers on power market reforms
5) Knowledge management
- Be up-to-date on latest developments globally on power markets and modelling
- Contribute to policy papers announced by Government, regulators by preparing analytically strong submissions for incorporation in new policies
Characteristics required in the individual:
- Strong business ethics and integrity
- Strong team player – ‘team goals are above individual goals’
- Go-getter attitude with a strong will
- Service mindset with Client-first attitude
- Problem solver mindset (for clients and for team) – an ability to find a way out of tough spots
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking ability
- Strong analytical bent of mind
Education and Experience:
- Engineer/MBA/Ph.D from Tier-1 Educational Institutes only
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Power /RE.
- Previous experience of working in a consulting firm and leading projects is a must-have
- Advanced excel skills and other Microsoft tools
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
New Delhi, India (II77)